Windows 10: how do I restore desktop that shows file icons?

Discus and support how do I restore desktop that shows file icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I restore desktop with files rather than MS display?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Richard, May 17, 2020.

1. Richard Win User

how do I restore desktop that shows file icons?

How do I restore desktop with files rather than MS display?

:)

Richard, May 17, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 17, 2020
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions?

sturpe, May 17, 2020
  4. how do I restore desktop that shows file icons?

Desktop icons not showing correctly in Windows 10

Hi
    Kalpana Shankarappa

This will not help as it will only restore if it works (am not a laptop at moment) to restore Computer, User Files, Recycle Bin etc... and all icons that were on desktop and in taskbar.

Any other suggestions ?

Thank you.

jaburmester, May 17, 2020
Thema:

how do I restore desktop that shows file icons?

1. how do I restore desktop that shows file icons? - Similar Threads - restore desktop shows

2. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...: i started experiencing this issue of my software icons showing on desktop and not on desktop folder in explorer ive tried everything but nothing as changed...
  3. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...: i started experiencing this issue of my software icons showing on desktop and not on desktop folder in explorer ive tried everything but nothing as changed...
  4. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I restore icons that were consoldated into a "Shortuct to Desktop OneDrive-..." icon?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I restore icons that were consoldated into a "Shortuct to Desktop OneDrive-..." icon?: I had ~64 ishortcut & file icons on my desktop screen and all but 12 were consolodated into a "Shortuct to Desktop OneDrive-..." icon.How do I get them restored back to their original positions & disable Windows from consoldating them in the future?The 12 remaining icons were...
  6. How do I restore icons that were consoldated into a "Shortuct to Desktop OneDrive-..." icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore icons that were consoldated into a "Shortuct to Desktop OneDrive-..." icon?: I had ~64 ishortcut & file icons on my desktop screen and all but 12 were consolodated into a "Shortuct to Desktop OneDrive-..." icon.How do I get them restored back to their original positions & disable Windows from consoldating them in the future?The 12 remaining icons were...
  7. How do I restore icons that were consoldated into a "Shortuct to Desktop OneDrive-..." icon?

8. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?: I accidentally deleted some files while trying to create some storage and it turned out like this.The apps and shortcuts still runs normally, is this fixable?...
  9. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?: I accidentally deleted some files while trying to create some storage and it turned out like this.The apps and shortcuts still runs normally, is this fixable?...
  10. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming