Windows 10: how do I restore file drive

Discus and support how do I restore file drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I restore file drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-file-drive/5e9be492-c289-4867-abd7-24ed53734e9f" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jlmcpm5, Apr 2, 2019.

1. jlmcpm5 Win User

how do I restore file drive

How do I restore file drive

:)

jlmcpm5, Apr 2, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Apr 2, 2019
  4. how do I restore file drive

File History Restore Not Working

My apologies for my not explaining my problem clearly.

File History would always list my external drive. It would not list the File History backup subfolder, "Computer Name", which contained my backup.

I completed the 5 steps you recommended, and in step (4), using Windows Explorer, I opted to change the name to "File History.old" instead of deleting it. Had I deleted it, all my backup files that I want to reload onto drive C would have been gone.

When I look at the external backup drive in Windows Explorer it now shows 4 folders, $RECYCLE.BIN, FileHistory, FileHistory.old and System Volume Information. Bottom line, FileHistory contains only the backed up data currently on Drive C as a result of step
    5, while FileHistory.old contains the data I wish to reload.

Now when I go to Control Panel/File History/Select drive, and select the external backup drive, only the subfolder contained in FileHistory shows up. The subfolder contained in FileHistory.old, which contains the data I wish to restore, is still not listed.
    When I select "Restore personal files" it only shows folders associated with FileHistory.

Thanks for your attention and help, but I am now resigned to copying and pasting the files that I need to restore. I totally yield to the higher power that is Microsoft.

Again thanks,

RP

Robert Pat Vaughn, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

how do I restore file drive

1. how do I restore file drive - Similar Threads - restore file drive

2. How do I restore one drive files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore one drive files?: Hi. One drive did back up my desktop which is too largeI want it to stop, so I unckeck the desktop and delete from one drive. howewer, by now, the opposite happens insteadMy desktop on one drive stays there, while my original desktop got deletedHow do I move my "desktop" from...
  3. How do I restore one drive files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore one drive files?: Hi. One drive did back up my desktop which is too largeI want it to stop, so I unckeck the desktop and delete from one drive. howewer, by now, the opposite happens insteadMy desktop on one drive stays there, while my original desktop got deletedHow do I move my "desktop" from...
  4. how do I restore files to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I restore files to new computer: I bought a new computer and would like to transfer files from existing computer to new restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-files-to-new-computer/9ffe215a-e22d-42ff-b9ef-2a17fa576325
  5. how do I restore files to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I restore files to new computer: I bought a new computer and would like to transfer files from existing computer to new restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-files-to-new-computer/9ffe215a-e22d-42ff-b9ef-2a17fa576325
  6. How do I restore my system files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my system files?: I think I merged the Documents and Videos folders. Both of the files are named document and the object name is ‪both "C:\Users\PC\Videos" and "‪C:\Users\PC\Videos - copy". I'm trying to solve the problem for a hour but I don't think I can do anything about it on my own....
  7. How Do I Restore Regdit Files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Do I Restore Regdit Files?: I just built a new PC and after 2 days using it my 120gb SSD was getting full so I relocated the files to store on my 4tb HDD. However, when I was trying to relocate "Program Files" and "Program Files x64" in RegEdit. I accidentally deleted RegEdit files. The files where...
  8. Restore function of File History. How do I do this.

Restore function of File History. How do I do this.: I am trying to restore files that have been removed from my computer. It is giving me problems because the location doesn't exist any more. What do I need to do?...
  9. How do I now restore the files?

How do I now restore the files?: I backed up my files on a disc. Now I need to know how to restore the files? I am using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-now-restore-the-files/0f093fa3-3be3-4fec-8d58-ba2c5b8b9d18
  10. How do I restore a Windows.old file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore a Windows.old file: A few days ago I clean-installed Window 10 on my laptop. Works fine, except the laptop now cannot be reached by my desktop PC on my network, and I've exhausted all my options to get it to work. One option was to try again by clean reinstalling Windows 10 AGAIN. So I did that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset windows phone to earlyer date