Windows 10: how do I restore my laptop camera function turned off by windows hello?

Discus and support how do I restore my laptop camera function turned off by windows hello? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I restore my laptop camera using windows 11 when it has been seemingly permanently turned off by windows hello?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skeetre, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Skeetre Win User

how do I restore my laptop camera function turned off by windows hello?

How do I restore my laptop camera using windows 11 when it has been seemingly permanently turned off by windows hello?

:)

Skeetre, Oct 31, 2022

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 31, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 31, 2022
  4. how do I restore my laptop camera function turned off by windows hello?

Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn on the camera."

• The camera is working for other purposes -- just not for Windows Hello.
    • I tried updating the drivers but all indications are I've got the right ones.
    • I tried re-setting up Windows Hello but it just won't access the camera.
    • I checked Windows Update -- I am up to date.

What do I do next?

PhilBernstein, Oct 31, 2022
Thema:

how do I restore my laptop camera function turned off by windows hello?

1. how do I restore my laptop camera function turned off by windows hello? - Similar Threads - restore laptop camera

2. how do I turn on my camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I turn on my camera: how do I turn on my camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-my-camera/862ac593-c06d-4ded-8a52-1c9915010837
  3. how do I turn on my camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I turn on my camera: how do I turn on my camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-my-camera/862ac593-c06d-4ded-8a52-1c9915010837
  4. How do I turn off Windows Hello PIN sign in?

How do I turn off Windows Hello PIN sign in?: Hi, I turned on by accident and set a PIN. I think it's when I added an business email and by accident allowed the business to manage my PC. Now, I'd want to switch back to password and remove the PIN sign-in option. However, the "Remove" button is greyed out. How can I...
  5. How do I turn off the pen functionality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the pen functionality?: I don't have a pen, and my laptop is not a touchscreen, yet sometimes depending on where I am my laptop thinks a pen is connected to it. It means that sometimes when I use the trackpad it thinks it's a pen and the cursor goes flying somewhere else or selects something I...
  6. How do I turn off the pen functionality?

How do I turn off the pen functionality?: I don't have a pen, and my laptop is not a touchscreen, yet sometimes depending on where I am my laptop thinks a pen is connected to it. It means that sometimes when I use the trackpad it thinks it's a pen and the cursor goes flying somewhere else or selects something I...
  7. how do I restore my laptop camera function turned off by windows hello?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I restore my laptop camera function turned off by windows hello?: How do I restore my laptop camera using windows 11 when it has been seemingly permanently turned off by windows hello? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-laptop-camera-function-turned/72d4e95c-e793-41a2-90dd-fa1b190c2d2c
  8. How to turn off camera in Surface laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off camera in Surface laptop: Hi,I have Surface Pro 7 and there seems no external option to turn off or block the camera. Is there a setting through which I can turn off the camera?Thanks,...
  9. How to turn off camera in Surface laptop

How to turn off camera in Surface laptop: Hi,I have Surface Pro 7 and there seems no external option to turn off or block the camera. Is there a setting through which I can turn off the camera?Thanks,...
  10. How do I turn off FN (function) lock?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I turn off FN (function) lock?: I am trying to access my Boot Menu. I have a Gigabyte Mobo, so the access is F12. Or Delete for BIOS. When I start the computer, and the screen comes up to select, they don't work. I did some research and it appears my FN keys may be locked. How do I unlock them? And is my...