Windows 10: How do I restore my Network Adapters?

Discus and support How do I restore my Network Adapters? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have followed several Microsoft instruction articles on how to restore the Network Icons in Network Connections but all the methods I have tried have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveJB, Jul 5, 2019.

1. DaveJB Win User

How do I restore my Network Adapters?

I have followed several Microsoft instruction articles on how to restore the Network Icons in Network Connections but all the methods I have tried have failed. I have used the Network Reset Option but this failed also.

I attach 2 images to show the status of ipconfig and my device manager.

If anyone can provide a solution as to how I can regain my Network Adapters and then install an appropriate LAN driver, I will be very grateful.

I am presently using a USB dongle to connect to my router to access the internet.

My thanks, DaveJB. How do I restore my Network Adapters? aefcbbe3-eab0-4fe8-a292-ce7426dc0c5b?upload=true.jpg How do I restore my Network Adapters? 99d2e0d4-8ee3-4bdf-9ef4-a82b05fd52c0?upload=true.jpg

:)

DaveJB, Jul 5, 2019

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Network adapters problem

We appreciate you for getting back to us. If the issue only happens when the
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Adapter
    driver is installed, then we suggest that you perform a
    system restore to an earlier point in time before the adapter is installed or updated. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers,
    and updates installed after the restore point was made. Here's how:

• Click Start, type control panel, and
      then choose it from the list of results.
    • In the Search Control Panel bar on the upper right corner, type
      Recovery
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the driver update, and then select Next > Finish.
    • After performing a system restore, use the wushowhide.diagcab tool to hide the driver update for your network adapter.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    . We recommend that you try the steps on the Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls, and Temporarily turn off any antivirus or malware-prevention software sections.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jul 5, 2019
  4. How do I restore my Network Adapters?

Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol

Hello,

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

Method 1: Run the Network adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network adapter.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Network adapter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Network adapter troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Perform a system restore. Follow the steps on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Raymond Ave, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

How do I restore my Network Adapters?

1. How do I restore my Network Adapters? - Similar Threads - restore Network Adapters

2. How do I change my driver on my network adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my driver on my network adapter?: Hello, I have recently been using my windows 10 computer, and all of a sudden, the wifi just shut down. To make it simpler, whenever I click on the "Network Connection" tab on the taskbar, it shows mejust the airplane mode option, which does not let me click on it. I've tried...
  3. How do I change my driver on my network adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my driver on my network adapter?: Hello, I have recently been using my windows 10 computer, and all of a sudden, the wifi just shut down. To make it simpler, whenever I click on the "Network Connection" tab on the taskbar, it shows mejust the airplane mode option, which does not let me click on it. I've tried...
  4. How do I change my driver on my network adapter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I reinstall network adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall network adapter?: So I was having issues connecting my computer to my home wifi I was having issues with DNS and getaway, I was told I can uninstall the network adapter and reinstall it, but it wasn’t appearing anywhere. I’ve tried resetting the pc, doing network reset, doing the trouble shoot...
  6. How do I reinstall network adapter?

How do I reinstall network adapter?: So I was having issues connecting my computer to my home wifi I was having issues with DNS and getaway, I was told I can uninstall the network adapter and reinstall it, but it wasn’t appearing anywhere. I’ve tried resetting the pc, doing network reset, doing the trouble shoot...
  7. How do I reinstall network adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How do I re-install my network adapter driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-install my network adapter driver?: My network adapter has recently been messing up, being there was no wi-fi option, and I have to use Ethernet, and was hidden in device manager. I uninstalled the driver and can't find a way to re-install it. I tried using scan for hardware changes to no avail. Any way I can...
  9. How do I re-install my network adapter driver?

How do I re-install my network adapter driver?: My network adapter has recently been messing up, being there was no wi-fi option, and I have to use Ethernet, and was hidden in device manager. I uninstalled the driver and can't find a way to re-install it. I tried using scan for hardware changes to no avail. Any way I can...
  10. How do I install a missing network adapter driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install a missing network adapter driver?: Recently I bought a pc that I’ve been waiting for. It had just arrived yesterday and so I got to work to set it up. When I got to the stage to connect my Ethernet cable to the pc and then my router it wouldn’t detect it. I tried to troubleshoot and it said “windows did not...