Windows 10: How do I restore my Pictures folder as the location for my lock screen slideshow?

Discus and support How do I restore my Pictures folder as the location for my lock screen slideshow? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Truth be told, I'd rather choose another folder. Each folder I try I receive a message that the folder can't be used due to it's location. I removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clifford Scarborough, Nov 26, 2022.

1. How do I restore my Pictures folder as the location for my lock screen slideshow?

Truth be told, I'd rather choose another folder. Each folder I try I receive a message that the folder can't be used due to it's location. I removed the Pictures folder from the list of slideshow albums. I'm now unable to return the Pictures folder to the list of slideshow albums for the same reason.Edition: Windows 11 Home Version: 22H2 Installed on: 11/‎23/‎2022 OS build: 22621.819 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0

:)

Clifford Scarborough, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Aqtarus Win User

you need more than one picture to show error with Lock screen Slideshow

Hi Microsoft Community,

I had this issue for years and did not find any solution: workaround with Win+L, Indexing, etc... nothing was working.

But the solution is quite simple: store the folder you want to use for the picture for your slideshow directly under the Picture Library. Check that the files are indexed, and then select this folder.

To be 100% clear

1. Open the Pictures Library (User/Pictures)
    2. Create a folder "Slideshow"
    3. Populate the folder with picture you want to use for Lock Screen
    4. Check the pictures are indexed
    5. Go to Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen
    6. Select Slideshow for Background
    7. Choose Folder "Slideshow" created in step 2
    8. remove other folders
    9. Open Advanced slideshow settings
    10. Turn "Only use pictures that fit my screen" Off
    11. Enjoy your slideshow!

Aqtarus, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Lock screen picture overlays slideshow

Hi, my issue with Windows 10x64 1803 Lock screen slideshow not working is a bit different than usual

When the issue occurs (not always, but almost always), the screen shows the defined Picture (and no clock etc.) _however_ when I press Enter, before showing the lockscreen as the overlaying picture is sliding away I can see a flicker of the slideshow underneath.
    These are pictures from the correct folder and it looks as expected. After the flicker it shows the login screen with a picture

(login screen is kinda OK but half the time accounts (two) are doubled (making it 4), they differ in that in each pair one of the user pictures has a circle shape and the other is square, and the square ones have extra text underneath "Windows will try to
    connect to {companyName}" .... I don't know if this is the cause or something completely unrelated ... but this question is about slideshow)

I have done lot of the usual steps (most of these relate to slideshow not working at all which isn't my issue anyway):

- remove the slideshow, lock, re-add it

- rename the slideshow folder

- changed settings in Power options (only Balanced is in the list) for Desktop background settings for battery to Available

- adjusted Advanced settings for slideshow to show not fitting images, show on battery, show lockscreen instead of turning off

- require user to press CtrlAltDelete is unchecked and disabled

- Windows Search is set to Automatic and running

- folder with images is indexed

No Windows updates pending atm

Restart didn't help

Ideally if this can be solved without restoration or reinstall or something of that caliber hopefully

Thank you!

JiriPetruzelka, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Kol12 Win User

How do I restore my Pictures folder as the location for my lock screen slideshow?

Issue with lock screen slideshow

I set my lock screen to slideshow with a custom folder of images and all was working fine. I then changed it to picture mode which by default is five Windows pictures. I've set it back to slideshow with my custom images however the default Windows picture I chose in picture mode now shows in my slideshow with custom images. How can I repair this?

How do I restore my Pictures folder as the location for my lock screen slideshow? [​IMG]

Kol12, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

How do I restore my Pictures folder as the location for my lock screen slideshow?

1. How do I restore my Pictures folder as the location for my lock screen slideshow? - Similar Threads - restore Pictures folder

2. How do I restore my Pictures folder as the location for my lock screen slideshow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my Pictures folder as the location for my lock screen slideshow?: Truth be told, I'd rather choose another folder. Each folder I try I receive a message that the folder can't be used due to it's location. I removed the Pictures folder from the list of slideshow albums. I'm now unable to return the Pictures folder to the list of slideshow...
  3. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images: When I set up my computer a few years ago I set up the lock screen slideshow with my personal images. The two folders I must have chosen at the time are listed in the settings; they are both called Images, but the settings window is not letting me open them from within the...
  4. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images: When I set up my computer a few years ago I set up the lock screen slideshow with my personal images. The two folders I must have chosen at the time are listed in the settings; they are both called Images, but the settings window is not letting me open them from within the...
  5. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue

Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  7. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  8. Lock screen picture overlays slideshow

Lock screen picture overlays slideshow: Hi, my issue with Windows 10x64 1803 Lock screen slideshow not working is a bit different than usual When the issue occurs (not always, but almost always), the screen shows the defined Picture (and no clock etc.) _however_ when I press Enter, before showing the lockscreen...
  9. How do I change my lock screen picture

How do I change my lock screen picture: How do I change my lock screen picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-lock-screen-picture/69042775-5ba2-4085-9523-93afb070ee1d
  10. how do i readjust a picture on my lock screen

how do i readjust a picture on my lock screen: I am putting a personal pic on my lock scree and need to move it so it fits the screen how do I move it to do so https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-readjust-a-picture-on-my-lock-screen/b1567d01-8788-4582-81d9-2e292959bc46