Windows 10: How do I restore my start menu groups?

Discus and support How do I restore my start menu groups? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So basically, I was just cleaning my group categories to make them look more nicer. Then I accidentally delete my last group. Now I can only see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristianGeliga, Jan 14, 2021.

1. How do I restore my start menu groups?

So basically, I was just cleaning my group categories to make them look more nicer. Then I accidentally delete my last group. Now I can only see my Start Menu. No groups. Could someone help me?

:)

ChristianGeliga, Jan 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Start menu tile groups -- On one pc only first two groups show up

I have upgraded three computers to Windows 10. On the first two, the start menu shows app tiles in three groups. The first group has calendar, email, edge browser, etc. The second has games, news and entertainment.

The third group appears to have a tile for every application and program that is installed. However, the third computer only shows the first two groups of tiles.

Also, I don't know if this is related: When I type the name of an application, usually the system quickly infers which application I mean. But the third computer does not know about "Word" not "Office Word". For Word, it only suggests Wordpad. It does know
    about "winword", though.

Also, the start menu has a list of recently used applications. Most applications in this list also have an associated list of recent documents. But the third computer never remembers that I have recently used Microsoft Office 2007 Word, and never offers a list
    of recently opened/saved documents.

How can I make the third computer behave like the first two?

KillyKeidy, Jan 14, 2021
  4. How do I restore my start menu groups?

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

How do I restore my start menu groups?

1. How do I restore my start menu groups? - Similar Threads - restore start menu

2. Start Menu Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  3. How do I add more groups to the start menu?

How do I add more groups to the start menu?: So far I have a Productivity category and one that was unnamed. In case you don't know what I'm referring to it's the category lines in the 'squares' part of the Start Menu....
  4. How do I group my Start Menu icons?

How do I group my Start Menu icons?: After one of the OS updates, a new feature was added where I could select a group on the Start Menu and have them shrunk to a small box. If I clicked on that box, it returned to full size. After an update installed last Friday, I could no longer logon and Bitlocker...
  5. More Groups on Start Menu

More Groups on Start Menu: I know how to add and remove things from the Start menu but is it possible to add more Groups? I can only see 4, which can be renamed, but I'd like a few more in order to organise my icons. 23789
  6. how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu?: as seen in this image, start menu is missing., this after i fixed another user acct corruption earlier.*Confused*Tongue [img] 80167
  7. How do I restore Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore Start Menu Apps: Over time, I've deleted almost all the Apps that showed in the Start menu. Now I'd like to put them all back and set the Start Menu so it shows all the original Apps. I've run this command from a Elevated Power Shell several times and it runs to completion then stops and...
  8. How Delete a Group From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How Delete a Group From Start Menu: I somehow created a Group in the Start Menu and now I want to get rid of it. It is located at the top of the Start Menu. [img] How can it be deleted? Rt-Clicking it doesn't bring up anything. 82935
  9. How apps are grouped under the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How apps are grouped under the Start menu: Noticed in Windows 10 that when I install different products from the same developer they all end up under the "root" developer folder rather than in sub-groups lacking a better word for it but hope you still understand what I mean. I have lots of airport scenery products...
  10. How to remove group dividers in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove group dividers in Start menu?: Can't really find any info on this. Is it possible to not have group dividers when reorganizing tiles? Every time I try a different setup, a bar pops up and spaces my tiles differently than what I want. 48303