Windows 10: How do I restore my system files?

Discus and support How do I restore my system files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think I merged the Documents and Videos folders. Both of the files are named document and the object name is ‪both "C:\Users\PC\Videos" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shaquiel09, Feb 2, 2023.

1. How do I restore my system files?

I think I merged the Documents and Videos folders. Both of the files are named document and the object name is ‪both "C:\Users\PC\Videos" and "‪C:\Users\PC\Videos - copy". I'm trying to solve the problem for a hour but I don't think I can do anything about it on my own.

:)

shaquiel09, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Clark Ari Win User

System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Feb 2, 2023
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Mark Ole Win User

How do I restore my system files?

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

How do I restore my system files?

1. How do I restore my system files? - Similar Threads - restore system files

2. How do I retrieve an overwritten file without File History or System Restore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I retrieve an overwritten file without File History or System Restore?: I accidently overwrote an rtf: file from a thumb drive and lost the original file that was in Documents in Drive C on my computer... only to find out that File History and System restore were turned off on our PC; Is there anyway of retrieving my original file???...
  3. How do I retrieve an overwritten file without File History or System Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I retrieve an overwritten file without File History or System Restore?: I accidently overwrote an rtf: file from a thumb drive and lost the original file that was in Documents in Drive C on my computer... only to find out that File History and System restore were turned off on our PC; Is there anyway of retrieving my original file???...
  4. How do I retrieve an overwritten file without File History or System Restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I restore my system files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I restore my system files?: I think I merged the Documents and Videos folders. Both of the files are named document and the object name is ‪both "C:\Users\PC\Videos" and "‪C:\Users\PC\Videos - copy". I'm trying to solve the problem for a hour but I don't think I can do anything about it on my own....
  6. How do I restore my system files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my system files?: I think I merged the Documents and Videos folders. Both of the files are named document and the object name is ‪both "C:\Users\PC\Videos" and "‪C:\Users\PC\Videos - copy". I'm trying to solve the problem for a hour but I don't think I can do anything about it on my own....
  7. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing: Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I...
  8. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing: Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I...
  9. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I perform System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I perform System Restore: Split from this thread. How do I restore my computer windows 10 to earlier date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-perform-system-restore/712bf6f8-c461-4d30-be17-54d5f9663a69