Windows 10: How do I restore my very small icons?

Discus and support How do I restore my very small icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've had very small icons for years. I don't know when or how I got them. But a week or so ago an upgrade automatically changed my desktop icons to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jjstewart, Apr 12, 2019.

1. jjstewart Win User

How do I restore my very small icons?

I've had very small icons for years. I don't know when or how I got them. But a week or so ago an upgrade automatically changed my desktop icons to a much larger size, which messed up the desktop badly. I can do a rightclick on the desktop and select View and Small Icons to get the smallest possible icon, but it isn't as small as I've had it for years. Can you tell me how to restore my desktop to my previous ultra-small icons?

:)

jjstewart, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

How do I restore my very small icons? e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Small taskbar icons and Cortana search

What do I suggest?

I suggest you hit the WinKey and start typing..., forget the icon and search box altogether! *Wink

Edwin, Apr 12, 2019
  4. How do I restore my very small icons?

How do I restore the original icons on android 7? [Solved]

What I would strongly suggest is you install a custom launcher, something like Nova Launcher or Apex, that way you can set up your dock or desktop any way you like it, add icon packs from play store, gestures etc and it can feel a bit smoother than stock launcher.

IceScreamer, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

How do I restore my very small icons?

1. How do I restore my very small icons? - Similar Threads - restore very small

2. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?: I accidentally deleted some files while trying to create some storage and it turned out like this.The apps and shortcuts still runs normally, is this fixable?...
  3. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?: I accidentally deleted some files while trying to create some storage and it turned out like this.The apps and shortcuts still runs normally, is this fixable?...
  4. how to do icons in taskbar is small ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to do icons in taskbar is small ?: how to do icons in taskbar is small ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-icons-in-taskbar-is-small/0f79bda3-699a-4d5d-b235-f6d0e4f3a236
  5. how to do icons in taskbar is small ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to do icons in taskbar is small ?: how to do icons in taskbar is small ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-icons-in-taskbar-is-small/0f79bda3-699a-4d5d-b235-f6d0e4f3a236
  6. Icons are very small. How do I fix this?

Icons are very small. How do I fix this?: All of the notifications are really small and I can't do anything.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-very-small-how-do-i-fix-this/69741f6b-9892-401a-8296-0532fcb3675d
  7. Game app icons very small.

Game app icons very small.: Hi, something happened again on my computer. 'Roblox' and 'minecraft' has become small. Roblox player and Studio too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-app-icons-very-small/4baf32b1-08f9-4382-8225-b8cef96bb683
  8. How do I restore the default icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I restore the default icons: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hqirdl9bkpe51.jpg?width=816&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b7e97a636f93243d6f74b27a4f0cd3a69187e8cd I don't remember how to remove these icons or how they were installed, but I'd like the original icons back. Thanks in advance! submitted by...
  9. very small icons and very small text in taskbar,

very small icons and very small text in taskbar,: Hi ,my name is Colin i have just bought a new Dell inspiron 15 model 3585,The problem i have is tiny text and icons on task bar,and when i right click on anything that text is also so very small,i might add that in settings the text size is normal size, ease of access is of...
  10. System icons on taskbar very small

in Windows 10 Support
    System icons on taskbar very small: Anyone able to help as to why after a win 10, [upgraded from win 8.1] upgrade has the system, [Mail,store, and calendar,]icons become very small? The Store icon is half the size as the rest of non "system" icons. Calendar is half the size and the Mail icon is a quarter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. revert to small icons