Windows 10: how do i restore my windows 10 desktop icon on my new windows 11 desktop

Discus and support how do i restore my windows 10 desktop icon on my new windows 11 desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded to windows 11, but i can't get my original icons to post on my desktop, only the blue swirls with the name under it. i want my previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rebecca Sledge, May 26, 2024.

1. how do i restore my windows 10 desktop icon on my new windows 11 desktop

I upgraded to windows 11, but i can't get my original icons to post on my desktop, only the blue swirls with the name under it. i want my previous icons that i recognize.

:)

Rebecca Sledge, May 26, 2024
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, May 26, 2024
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 26, 2024
  4. how do i restore my windows 10 desktop icon on my new windows 11 desktop

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, May 26, 2024
Thema:

how do i restore my windows 10 desktop icon on my new windows 11 desktop

1. how do i restore my windows 10 desktop icon on my new windows 11 desktop - Similar Threads - restore desktop icon

2. how do i restore my windows 10 desktop icon on my new windows 11 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore my windows 10 desktop icon on my new windows 11 desktop: I upgraded to windows 11, but i can't get my original icons to post on my desktop, only the blue swirls with the name under it. i want my previous icons that i recognize....
  3. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?: I accidentally deleted some files while trying to create some storage and it turned out like this.The apps and shortcuts still runs normally, is this fixable?...
  4. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?: I accidentally deleted some files while trying to create some storage and it turned out like this.The apps and shortcuts still runs normally, is this fixable?...
  5. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. my desktop icons and file icons disappeared after windows 11 update. How do i restore them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop icons and file icons disappeared after windows 11 update. How do i restore them?: How do i restore desktop icons that disappeared after windows 11 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-and-file-icons-disappeared-after/07001de2-9b38-4475-a918-73c398569191
  7. my desktop icons and file icons disappeared after windows 11 update. How do i restore them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my desktop icons and file icons disappeared after windows 11 update. How do i restore them?: How do i restore desktop icons that disappeared after windows 11 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-and-file-icons-disappeared-after/07001de2-9b38-4475-a918-73c398569191
  8. restoring my windows 10 desktop

restoring my windows 10 desktop: Hello: I want to restore my windows 10 computer using system restore to how it was a month ago but i am having no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou....
  9. the layout of my desktop icons has changed, how do i restore it?

the layout of my desktop icons has changed, how do i restore it?: the layout of my desktop icons has changed, how do i restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-layout-of-my-desktop-icons-has-changed-how-do/e2f781aa-ca3b-4300-af66-9aed5fa81032
  10. how do I restore my old desktop

how do I restore my old desktop: how do I restore my old desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-old-desktop/235d17e0-273e-4cc8-8e98-40e8f2cbe97d