Windows 10: How do I restore my Windows 10 to an earlier time?

Discus and support How do I restore my Windows 10 to an earlier time? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a very brief interruption of power to this Windows 10 desktop computer. Windows did not return to the same state before the power interruption,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by edokie, Nov 7, 2019.

1. edokie Win User

How do I restore my Windows 10 to an earlier time?

I had a very brief interruption of power to this Windows 10 desktop computer. Windows did not return to the same state before the power interruption, but rather went through some procedure that resulted in all my desktop icons ending on the left side of my screen arranced closely in rows. "Test" was accidently activated and still shows up with the Microsoft siloute with "Test" showing beneath that. It does return to a desktop, but all my favorites are gone. I have made several attempts to restore my computer to an earlier state prior to the power interruption but Windows says that is not successful. How can I restore my computer to the way it was before the power interruption? I want my favorites back. Thank you.

:)

edokie, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 7, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How do I restore my Windows 10 to an earlier time? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I restore my Windows 10 to an earlier time? - Similar Threads - restore earlier

2. Restore my computer to an earlier date'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore my computer to an earlier date': I need to restart my computer to an earlier date* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-my-computer-to-an-earlier-date/868e61bb-71d2-42b6-9405-6571264d59ed
  3. Restore my computer to an earlier date'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore my computer to an earlier date': I need to restart my computer to an earlier date* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-my-computer-to-an-earlier-date/868e61bb-71d2-42b6-9405-6571264d59ed
  4. Restore my computer to an earlier date'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to restore my Windows 10 PC to several weeks earlier?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore my Windows 10 PC to several weeks earlier?: I have been trying to reverse the latest updates, but now my Windows 10 PC is just all wonky. Very few things are still randomly saved, but most is not. My Start button won't even "start" when I click on it! Everything was FINE just a week ago! Then one of the driver updates...
  6. How to restore my Windows 10 PC to several weeks earlier?

How to restore my Windows 10 PC to several weeks earlier?: I have been trying to reverse the latest updates, but now my Windows 10 PC is just all wonky. Very few things are still randomly saved, but most is not. My Start button won't even "start" when I click on it! Everything was FINE just a week ago! Then one of the driver updates...
  7. How to restore my Windows 10 PC to several weeks earlier?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point: I tried every option, including resetting while keeping my files. It keeps saying something went wrong. There’s a storm outside and I don’t have access to another computer. Please help!...
  9. Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point

Windows says critical process died after I tried to restore to a earlier restore point: I tried every option, including resetting while keeping my files. It keeps saying something went wrong. There’s a storm outside and I don’t have access to another computer. Please help!...
  10. Is it possible to restore Windows 10 with a restore point taken from earlier build over...

Is it possible to restore Windows 10 with a restore point taken from earlier build over...: Hi!Let's consider a following scenario:1. A backup is first taken by creating a system restore point with instructions below. Computer at the time of creating the restore point does not have all Windows-updates included in the latest ISO available from Microsoft so its...