Windows 10: How do i restore my Windows10 backup to my new Windows11 PC

Discus and support How do i restore my Windows10 backup to my new Windows11 PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my old PC died completely but fortunately i had a fairly recent backup created using file History but it seems that Microsoft has made no provision to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew and Ruth Guille, Jun 13, 2022.

1. How do i restore my Windows10 backup to my new Windows11 PC

my old PC died completely but fortunately i had a fairly recent backup created using file History but it seems that Microsoft has made no provision to use my backup to restore my files to my new Windows 11 PC.Surely this is a serious omission since a PC dying is the primary reason for creating backups.Anyone out there have a solution?I read a post from December 2021 which suggested:"1. On the new Windows 11, make sure the "File History" feature is turned off and the history is empty, and close "File History".2. Click Start > Update & Security > Backup, under Back up using File Histor

:)

Andrew and Ruth Guille, Jun 13, 2022
  2. Tom Kunzo Win User

System Restore & Backup For Windows10

What I mean is that in Windows7 there is a facility for auto-backup at certain dates (especially when Windows performs an update) from where one can restore the system to an earlier and trouble free state.

I noticed that there is no such auto system in Windows10.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom Kunzo, Jun 13, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How do i restore my Windows10 backup to my new Windows11 PC [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 13, 2022
  4. How do i restore my Windows10 backup to my new Windows11 PC

System Restore & Backup For Windows10

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

In Windows 10, we can create a system restore point and can go back to the created restore point if PC got corrupted.

You can follow the steps below to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally.

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.
    • Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    For additional information refer the link below and check if it helps.

Create a system restore point

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 13, 2022
Thema:

How do i restore my Windows10 backup to my new Windows11 PC

1. How do i restore my Windows10 backup to my new Windows11 PC - Similar Threads - restore Windows10 backup

2. Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC?: I'm currently using a computer which is bought from Dell few years ago and upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10.And now, I'm decided to DIY another PC with higher performance. Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC? If not, can I use these two PC at the same time?...
  3. Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC?: I'm currently using a computer which is bought from Dell few years ago and upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10.And now, I'm decided to DIY another PC with higher performance. Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC? If not, can I use these two PC at the same time?...
  4. How do I restore my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my pc?: I want to restore my pc but it says could not find the recovery environment. I was able to do this before but now I can't. I have been having trouble with my games crashing and I am trying to fix it. Everything is up to date with drivers. I have a AS Rock B550 Pro4...
  5. How do I restore my pc?

How do I restore my pc?: I want to restore my pc but it says could not find the recovery environment. I was able to do this before but now I can't. I have been having trouble with my games crashing and I am trying to fix it. Everything is up to date with drivers. I have a AS Rock B550 Pro4...
  6. How do I restore my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do i restore my Windows10 data backup to my new Windows11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i restore my Windows10 data backup to my new Windows11 PC: my old PC died completely but fortunately i had a fairly recent backup created using file History but it seems that Microsoft has made no provision to use my backup to restore my files to my new Windows 11 PC.Surely this is a serious omission since a PC dying is the primary...
  8. How do i restore my Windows10 data backup to my new Windows11 PC

How do i restore my Windows10 data backup to my new Windows11 PC: my old PC died completely but fortunately i had a fairly recent backup created using file History but it seems that Microsoft has made no provision to use my backup to restore my files to my new Windows 11 PC.Surely this is a serious omission since a PC dying is the primary...
  9. How do i restore my Windows10 backup to my new Windows11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i restore my Windows10 backup to my new Windows11 PC: my old PC died completely but fortunately i had a fairly recent backup created using file History but it seems that Microsoft has made no provision to use my backup to restore my files to my new Windows 11 PC.Surely this is a serious omission since a PC dying is the primary...
  10. My pc broke, how do I backup it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc broke, how do I backup it?: Basically my coolers broke, how do I go on file history? And is there on amazon a cheap and big enough usb drive for the backup? submitted by /u/DerpyPlayz18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jytta2/my_pc_broke_how_do_i_backup_it/