Windows 10: How do I restore sanity to my desktop after displays became reversed?

Discus and support How do I restore sanity to my desktop after displays became reversed? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a dual display setup with display 1 (my "main" display) on the left and display 2 (my "auxiliary" display) on the right. Today, with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by perkinw, Feb 22, 2021.

1. perkinw Win User

How do I restore sanity to my desktop after displays became reversed?

I have a dual display setup with display 1 (my "main" display) on the left and display 2 (my "auxiliary" display) on the right. Today, with the computer turned off, I changed the way the displays are cabled. When I started the PC, the cable to display 1 had not been properly connected, and my "main" desktop came up on the auxiliary display, which according to Windows Display Settings, had become display 1. It seems reasonable that if you remove a display, the remaining display should become display 1.

Once I got display 1 properly connected, I went to Display Settings and reversed the order of the displays so that my "main" display is once again 1 and my auxiliary display is once again display 2. I also selected display 1 and checked "Make this my main display". This moved the notification area from the display 2 taskbar to the display 1 taskbar.

The only remaining problem is that all my desktop icons are still on display 2.

Is there an easier way to get my desktop icons back onto display 1, rather than dragging them from 2 to 1?

Windows Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

:)

perkinw, Feb 22, 2021

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 22, 2021
  3. client32 Win User
    Restore display from "remove this display"

I had right clicked on the desktop and selected Display settings. My TV was list as a monitor there. I selected the monitor and clicked
    Remove this display.

The above steps has not resolved my issue.

client32, Feb 22, 2021
  4. How do I restore sanity to my desktop after displays became reversed?

Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

How do I restore sanity to my desktop after displays became reversed?

1. How do I restore sanity to my desktop after displays became reversed? - Similar Threads - restore sanity desktop

2. How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my desktop icons to normal?: I accidentally deleted some files while trying to create some storage and it turned out like this.The apps and shortcuts still runs normally, is this fixable?...
  3. my desktop icon became a mess after i restart it

in Windows 10 Customization
    my desktop icon became a mess after i restart it: after i restart it, all of my desktop icon goes to left side. not only that, my desktop background goes back to default and all of my file are gone. though i later found out its all on "os>user" and all of my software we're log out so i need to sign up again. [IMG][ATTACH]...
  4. how do I restore my old desktop

how do I restore my old desktop: how do I restore my old desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-old-desktop/235d17e0-273e-4cc8-8e98-40e8f2cbe97d
  5. Reverse a restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverse a restore: Just restored a small laptop which didn't take too long. Unfortunately the outlook backup file I made has disappeared. Is there any way I reverse a restoration to the earlier file. copy doc to a memory stick, then finish the restoration? 152016
  6. How do i reverse my last copy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i reverse my last copy?: i was writing something to a friend that i later copied because i was supposed to send a photo first and then the text directly after, and used the snip and scetch app on my pc so i didn't have to save the photo locally. now the text i wrote is gone and instead i have a photo...
  7. how do I reverse a restore in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I reverse a restore in windows 10: I am using windows 10 and have recently carried out a restore on my PC. Unfortunately upon restarting from the restore my PC shows an error and doesn't get to the opening page to allow me to enter my pin number.I am now unable to access my PC. How do I reverse the restore...
  8. How do I restore my default desktop display settings?

How do I restore my default desktop display settings?: How do I restore my default desktop display settings? I changed them, now the colors are all wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-restore-my-default-desktop-display/6721eaa2-21d1-4408-89a6-f355166a9373
  9. How do I restore my Desktop look and settings

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore my Desktop look and settings: After trying to get too Familiar with Win10 and my new HP Pavilion Laptop (2wks ago), I now find I've lost my Desktop look and settings. This has happened about 5hrs ago, initially I did not require a password at Start-up then after a little familiarizing ''finger poking''...
  10. My screen became reversed from left to right after installing windows

in Windows 10 Support
    My screen became reversed from left to right after installing windows: Hi everyone ,, I have a strange problem after installing windows 10 that is my Laptop screen suddenly became reversed, when I turn on my laptop it shows my the company logo (acer) in reversed way like (reca) & even windows 10 logo is reversed when it appears at windows start...