Windows 10: How do I restore Temp folder permissions

Discus and support How do I restore Temp folder permissions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I have been experiencing some problems with my computer lately. After some research, I think I have found the root of the issue. My temp folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mon-12, Jul 21, 2019.

1. mon-12 Win User

How do I restore Temp folder permissions

Hi!

I have been experiencing some problems with my computer lately. After some research, I think I have found the root of the issue. My temp folder (the user temp folder, not the windows one) appears to have its permissions changed. I have seen all of the folders within user/appdata/local have the same permissions except the temp folder, and I am not sure how to restore this permisions so before I screw things up I decided to ask the community instead. Could you please help me out? I am using Windows 10 How do I restore Temp folder permissions dfeccef9-00e2-477b-a5df-7137e683abd9?upload=true.png

This is the way my temp folder permissions look...

How do I restore Temp folder permissions 4c687569-16c1-4819-9770-2c24ec035463?upload=true.png

..and that is the goal. That is the way the other folder's permissions look, and as far as I know that is the way the temp folder shold look as well (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Some of the information I found online seemed to be outdatted so I hope you can provide the steps to fix this issue without screwing this up.

Thanks!

:)

mon-12, Jul 21, 2019

2. Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Permission issue on Temp folder.

Temp folder permission issue. Since I upgraded to latest Windows 10 edition, this problem started. Many of the applications are not working now and giving problem like cannot create directory/files, no permission etc on D:\Temp. Based on the search, I included
    all the users with full permission to everybody on D: drive and Temp folder. However, it works for sometime but again problem started. I also see that every time I open the permission for the folder it becomes Read only.

Need a permanent solution please. Even MS Word says cannot create temp files. I searched the google and followed the advice like adding all roles and users and granting them full permission. Removed Read-Only to entire file and folders. but problem persist.

Pradip Khare, Jul 21, 2019
  4. How do I restore Temp folder permissions

Write permissions on temp folder

Hi,

We found a thread that discussed the same issue. To help you resolve the issue with temp file permission, kindly follow the instructions provided by

Bennet Martin
    here
    . The steps provided are for Windows 8.1 but can also be performed on your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I restore Temp folder permissions

1. How do I restore Temp folder permissions - Similar Threads - restore Temp folder

2. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  3. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  4. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Permission for Prefetch, temp and %temp%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission for Prefetch, temp and %temp%: Hi All,I need help in providing permission for Prefetch, temp, and %temp% folders for a domain usernon-admin, so that they can access it without entering the admin credentials.When I'm adding the domain user to the folder permission pages through security pages, the access is...
  6. Permission for Prefetch, temp and %temp%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission for Prefetch, temp and %temp%: Hi All,I need help in providing permission for Prefetch, temp, and %temp% folders for a domain usernon-admin, so that they can access it without entering the admin credentials.When I'm adding the domain user to the folder permission pages through security pages, the access is...
  7. Permission for Prefetch, temp and %temp%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Temp folder keeps losing permissions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp folder keeps losing permissions?: My Temp folder under my username keeps losing permission. I am the sole user of this computer and the administrator.I need to set full permission for everyone every now and then.Path: C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local...
  9. Restoring temp folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring temp folder.: My fiancée is always trying to makes her stock laptop computer personalized. In the process she somehow deleted the temp save folder location so now we can’t install things downloaded from the internet. Can someone help me fix this? submitted by /u/CheetosAddict [link]...
  10. How do I delete dptf file on the temp folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I delete dptf file on the temp folder: How do I permanently delete dptf file on temp folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-dptf-file-on-the-temp-folder/9315a159-3bc6-4acf-b13c-4f96509cab1d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reset temporary file permissions

2. temp folder permissions