Windows 10: How do i Restore Windows 8.1's UIstart menu and Charms Bar

Discus and support How do i Restore Windows 8.1's UIstart menu and Charms Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 8.1's start menu and charms bar are very nice. But after windows 10 came up charms bar and start menu like metro ui got disabled.Please restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pushkar#4C, Dec 17, 2020.

1. How do i Restore Windows 8.1's UIstart menu and Charms Bar

Windows 8.1's start menu and charms bar are very nice. But after windows 10 came up charms bar and start menu like metro ui got disabled.Please restore this in next update.Windows 8.1's UI is very nice compared to any other windows OS.Please restore it

:)

Pushkar#4C, Dec 17, 2020

2. Windows 9 start menu in action

The only real usage issues with Windows 8/8.1 are the Start screen and Charms bar. Luckily they're doing away with the Charms bar and they've brought back the traditional Start menu, but with tiles.

I liked the tiles, but the fact that it needed a whole screen was not very productive unlike Windows 7.

Cheeseball, Dec 17, 2020
  3. z3r010 Win User
    Windows Threshold: The dynamics of having no Charms bar

Read more

z3r010, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

How do i Restore Windows 8.1's UIstart menu and Charms Bar

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

How do i Restore Windows 8.1's UIstart menu and Charms Bar

1. How do i Restore Windows 8.1's UIstart menu and Charms Bar - Similar Threads - Restore 1's UIstart

2. Windows 10 Charms Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Charms Menu: The official Microsoft shortcuts page claims that the combination of the Windows key, Shift and C will open a 'charms menu' but what is the charms menu and does this shortcut still work?...
  3. Windows 10 Charms Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Charms Menu: The official Microsoft shortcuts page claims that the combination of the Windows key, Shift and C will open a 'charms menu' but what is the charms menu and does this shortcut still work?...
  4. Windows 10 Charms Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Charms-bar in Windows 10?

Charms-bar in Windows 10?: Is there a way to use the charms bar from Windows 8 in Windows 10? It doesn't matter if you have to download it first. If there is a program that does what it does then please link to it. Charms-bar in Windows 10?
  6. The Charms bar

The Charms bar: Is it possible to disable the charms bar in 8.1 so that it doesn't keep popping up? I never use it. 7294
  7. Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar: Hi guys! i need some help. there was this time where i was playing dota 2 and then i accidentally pressed something which i think was the mixture of the ESC CTRL and the windows button ( not sure though) and then the problem started appearing. it's not the charm bar that...
  8. How do i add to the charms bar?

in Browsers and Email
    How do i add to the charms bar?: Hello everyone I am interested if it is possible to add outlook 2013 as an option to the share charm. I see that the built in mail app is there by default. I am talking about the charm located on the toolbar in Edge. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated...
  9. How to Disable the Charms Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable the Charms Bar: I had to factory reset my computer a few days ago, I seem to have to do it every two years or so, and now the "Charms Bar" is greatly hindering my movement! Every time I move my mouse around, there's a 75% chance that the bar will pop up and I will have to click away to close...
  10. charms bar

in Windows 10 Support
    charms bar: any chance of coming up with something that restores the charms bar? 2447