Windows 10: How do I restore Windows Upgrade Log Files?

Discus and support How do I restore Windows Upgrade Log Files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've accidently deleted these files when going into Disc Cleanup. Is there a way to restore these files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Conn#e_S, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Conn#e_S Win User

How do I restore Windows Upgrade Log Files?

I've accidently deleted these files when going into Disc Cleanup. Is there a way to restore these files?

:)

Conn#e_S, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 4, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How do I restore Windows Upgrade Log Files? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I restore Windows Upgrade Log Files? - Similar Threads - restore Upgrade Log

2. how do I restore the download file on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I restore the download file on windows 11?: HELP! I accidently erased the folder options on my windows 11 program on my lenovo laptop. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-the-download-file-on-windows-11/e9d6c4ed-68b2-4b8e-b630-9107350fc653
  3. how do I restore the download file on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I restore the download file on windows 11?: HELP! I accidently erased the folder options on my windows 11 program on my lenovo laptop. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-the-download-file-on-windows-11/e9d6c4ed-68b2-4b8e-b630-9107350fc653
  4. How to restore Windows Upgrades Log Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore Windows Upgrades Log Files?: I was cleaning out unnecessary files on my laptop and the system automatically selected the Windows Upgrade Log Files. Is there any way to recover these files back or are they really not necessary to have?...
  5. How Do I Restore Regdit Files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Do I Restore Regdit Files?: I just built a new PC and after 2 days using it my 120gb SSD was getting full so I relocated the files to store on my 4tb HDD. However, when I was trying to relocate "Program Files" and "Program Files x64" in RegEdit. I accidentally deleted RegEdit files. The files where...
  6. Restore function of File History. How do I do this.

Restore function of File History. How do I do this.: I am trying to restore files that have been removed from my computer. It is giving me problems because the location doesn't exist any more. What do I need to do?...
  7. How do I now restore the files?

How do I now restore the files?: I backed up my files on a disc. Now I need to know how to restore the files? I am using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-now-restore-the-files/0f093fa3-3be3-4fec-8d58-ba2c5b8b9d18
  8. how do I restore file drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I restore file drive: How do I restore file drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-file-drive/5e9be492-c289-4867-abd7-24ed53734e9f"
  9. Windows upgrade log files

Windows upgrade log files: Where can I find the upgrade log files? I have an empty space on my start page. I would like to know what was deleted. 109219
  10. How do I restore a Windows.old file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore a Windows.old file: A few days ago I clean-installed Window 10 on my laptop. Works fine, except the laptop now cannot be reached by my desktop PC on my network, and I've exhausted all my options to get it to work. One option was to try again by clean reinstalling Windows 10 AGAIN. So I did that...