Windows 10: How do I retrieve my power plan information?

Discus and support How do I retrieve my power plan information? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to change some of my power settings, but when I go to the "Power and Sleep" setting, the options in Screen and Sleep are completely blank. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aaden SHUM1, Jun 2, 2023.

1. How do I retrieve my power plan information?

I want to change some of my power settings, but when I go to the "Power and Sleep" setting, the options in Screen and Sleep are completely blank. I went to "Additional power settings", but the only thing that shows is "Your power plan information isn't available. The RPC server is unavailable." How do I find this RPC server and access my power settings?

:)

Aaden SHUM1, Jun 2, 2023
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Power plans automatically changing

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with power plans.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings. Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press
    Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on
      Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan
    and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

Windows help & learning

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 2, 2023
  4. How do I retrieve my power plan information?

power plan information isn't available

Thanks but none of the suggestions worked.

Is there a way to replace the power plans?

Everfree :), Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

How do I retrieve my power plan information?

1. How do I retrieve my power plan information? - Similar Threads - retrieve power plan

2. Advanced power plan information not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced power plan information not available: Hi everyone. I am having trouble with this advanced power option in control panel. I tried with troubleshooting but it's not work at all. The screen is like this:Can someone help me?...
  3. Advanced power plan information not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced power plan information not available: Hi everyone. I am having trouble with this advanced power option in control panel. I tried with troubleshooting but it's not work at all. The screen is like this:Can someone help me?...
  4. Advanced power plan information not available

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I retrieve my power plan information?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I retrieve my power plan information?: I want to change some of my power settings, but when I go to the "Power and Sleep" setting, the options in Screen and Sleep are completely blank. I went to "Additional power settings", but the only thing that shows is "Your power plan information isn't available. The RPC...
  6. How do I retrieve my power plan information?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I retrieve my power plan information?: I want to change some of my power settings, but when I go to the "Power and Sleep" setting, the options in Screen and Sleep are completely blank. I went to "Additional power settings", but the only thing that shows is "Your power plan information isn't available. The RPC...
  7. Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? -...: Hello, every time I try to open ANY of the system power plans for example Balanced. I get the following error "Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information?" I have already tried following attempts to fix with no success0. Power...
  8. Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? -...: Hello, every time I try to open ANY of the system power plans for example Balanced. I get the following error "Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information?" I have already tried following attempts to fix with no success0. Power...
  9. Power plan information isn't available

Power plan information isn't available: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Have tried importing using powercfg, tried sfc scannow, etc. Nothing seems to help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan-information-isnt-available/be53ba15-ef14-4028-b6da-eaa257e3948e
  10. power plan information isn't available

power plan information isn't available: Problems on Window 10 Home, Lenovo Yoga 700: Can't adjust screen brightness. Can't access power plan settings in Power Options. When I click on a plan, I get the message "Your power plan information isn't available". When I go to Start > Settings > PC Settings, the Window...