Windows 10: How do I retrieve the last password used on a device?

Discus and support How do I retrieve the last password used on a device? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a (Thinkpad) laptop that I stopped using a couple years ago because the monitor stopped working. I had downloaded Win 10 to it before I stopped... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PatriciaHunt1, Jan 30, 2019.

1. How do I retrieve the last password used on a device?

I have a (Thinkpad) laptop that I stopped using a couple years ago because the monitor stopped working. I had downloaded Win 10 to it before I stopped using it.

The computer still boots up and I conneccted it to another monitor and it is reading my WiFi signal just fine.

The problem? At the blue sign-in screen for Win 10 (think back a couple years) my account name appears and it asks for a password, the last password I used on the laptop. (I tried repeatedly using the current password I have on my other computers. No soap.) Is there a way to get to the security questions for hints to what that password might be? Is there a way to bypass the normal Windows sign in screen and reset the password on that device.? I truly have no clue to what the last password would be on that laptop.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Pat Hunt

:)

PatriciaHunt1, Jan 30, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Can you retrieve the wifi password on the PC.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know when you say ‘’retrieve the wifi password on the PC’’ are you trying to find the Wi-Fi password on the Computer? Please elaborate.

For now, you can try the below steps to see the Wi-Fi password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R, type ncpa.cpl and press
      Enter.

• Right click on the Wi-Fi and select Status
      from the drop down.

• Now click on Wireless Properties and click in the Security tab.

• Now check on the box Show characters to see the password and click on
      OK.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thanks.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

How do I retrieve the last password used on a device?

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I retrieve the last password used on a device?

1. How do I retrieve the last password used on a device? - Similar Threads - retrieve last password

2. How do I retrieve my account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I retrieve my account password: My DELL laptop won't work so I am reinstalling Windows 10. But when it gives me my email address and asks me for my password, it says my password is incorrect. I checked with a different computer, which shares the same administrative info, but the password is correct. How do...
  3. How do I retrieve my account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I retrieve my account password: My DELL laptop won't work so I am reinstalling Windows 10. But when it gives me my email address and asks me for my password, it says my password is incorrect. I checked with a different computer, which shares the same administrative info, but the password is correct. How do...
  4. How do I retrieve my account password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Retrieve Password for Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Password for Device: How do I retrieve my password on my netbook for Windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-password-for-device/d9deecc9-d044-44a8-915e-13973c335134
  6. Retrieve Password for Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieve Password for Device: How do I retrieve my password on my netbook for Windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-password-for-device/d9deecc9-d044-44a8-915e-13973c335134
  7. How do I retrieve passwords of windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I retrieve passwords of windows 10: how do i retrieve passwords of windows 10* Moved from Internet Explorer/IE10/other* Original title: passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-retrieve-passwords-of-windows-10/a46d1b09-ca98-4610-afb2-ffd684f5cfc0
  8. How do I retrieve my password for my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I retrieve my password for my computer?: I have forgotten the password to log into my computer. How can I reset the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-retrieve-my-password-for-my-computer/9c9390e9-6c72-4f3f-8d8c-4474c9fd023a
  9. Requiring "Last Password used on this device"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Requiring "Last Password used on this device": I forgot my password so I reset it. Once I input the new password It gives me the message "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device" even though i am connected to a landline....
  10. YOUR DEVICE IS OFFLINE.PLEASE SIGN IN WITH LAST PASSWORD USED ON THIS DEVICE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YOUR DEVICE IS OFFLINE.PLEASE SIGN IN WITH LAST PASSWORD USED ON THIS DEVICE: I am getting below error when i am trying to login into my system. "YOUR DEVICE IS OFFLINE.PLEASE SIGN IN WITH LAST PASSWORD USED ON THIS DEVICE" Earlier i used PIN number to login into my windows 10 system but now it is asking password to login,however with password also...