Windows 10: How do I reverse the scrolling on Windows Edge? Right now if I move my fingers UP on my...

Discus and support How do I reverse the scrolling on Windows Edge? Right now if I move my fingers UP on my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to be able to move my fingers down on my laptop pad and have the scroll bar on Edge in the browser window also move down. Thanks in advance!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/duder503, Nov 6, 2019.

1. How do I reverse the scrolling on Windows Edge? Right now if I move my fingers UP on my...

I want to be able to move my fingers down on my laptop pad and have the scroll bar on Edge in the browser window also move down.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/duder503
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/duder503, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Left and right reverse scrolling

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Touchpad settings can be customized depending on your preference.
    Here are few things that you can try:

Method 1: Try changing the settings.

1. Open Settings.
    2. Then click on Devices.
    3. Then click on Touchpad.
    4. Then click on Advance Settings.
    5. Then go to Device settings and click on
      Settings.
    6. Expand the Virtual Scrolling and then click on
      Defaults.
    7. This should restore the touchpad settings to default.

Method 2: Please follow the suggestions provided by Louie Del in the thread:
    Reverse the scroll of mouse.

I would also request you to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager and then reboot the device to see if that restores the Touchpad settings.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support für XPS 15Z L511Z | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 6, 2019
  4. How do I reverse the scrolling on Windows Edge? Right now if I move my fingers UP on my...

Synaptic touchpad scroll direction not consistently reversed in Windows 10

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and am having issues with the Synaptic touch pad.

By default, two-finger swiping on the touchpad scrolled like a Mac (i.e. the scroll bars move against the direction your fingers move in). That's the opposite of what I like, so I went into the Synaptics ClickPad Settings (via the icon in the tray), and into the Two-Finger Scrolling properties (the properties button "conveniently" doesn't appear until you focus the row), and unticked the "Enable reverse scrolling direction" option.

This worked, except for two problems:

1. Whenever I restart, the setting reverts. It's not being saved properly.
    2. In the start menu, and other metro-windows-8-tablet-tile-thingy-style places, it still scrolls in the wrong direction! (But things in desktop-land are fine.)

Any suggestions? Registry keys to tweak? Updates to install?

The machine in question is an HP Spectre x360, if that happens to matter.

Craig Gidney, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

How do I reverse the scrolling on Windows Edge? Right now if I move my fingers UP on my...

1. How do I reverse the scrolling on Windows Edge? Right now if I move my fingers UP on my... - Similar Threads - reverse scrolling Edge

2. How do i reverse my actions on the my access on the "windows apps"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i reverse my actions on the my access on the "windows apps": I used to was unable to open this folder called "WindowsApps" because i was trying to find the file locations of my mircosoft apps now that i changed the security settings for WindowsApps I have no clue how to change it back so i dont have access to it againI watched this...
  3. How do i reverse my actions on the my access on the "windows apps"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i reverse my actions on the my access on the "windows apps": I used to was unable to open this folder called "WindowsApps" because i was trying to find the file locations of my mircosoft apps now that i changed the security settings for WindowsApps I have no clue how to change it back so i dont have access to it againI watched this...
  4. How do i fix my mouse movement it moves in reverse i go right it goes left

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i fix my mouse movement it moves in reverse i go right it goes left: how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-mouse-movement-it-moves-in-reverse/c59688be-79a4-4a99-9e24-5b300aac6b24
  5. I can't find how to reverse the touchpad two-finger scroll direction

I can't find how to reverse the touchpad two-finger scroll direction: I have found a lot of instructions, even in this forum, but none of them applies to my new HP laptop. I believe it is synaptics, but there is no specific tab for it in the touchpad or mouse settings. I have also tried to change the registry value following the instructions...
  6. How do i reverse my last copy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i reverse my last copy?: i was writing something to a friend that i later copied because i was supposed to send a photo first and then the text directly after, and used the snip and scetch app on my pc so i didn't have to save the photo locally. now the text i wrote is gone and instead i have a photo...
  7. Left and right reverse scrolling

Left and right reverse scrolling: This trackpad is driving me crazy! I fixed it so that scrolling up goes up and scrolling down goes down.... but my right is still left and left is still right! It is so maddening that it's backwards. Can anyone help me fix the left and right scrolling? Please? :)...
  8. how do i scroll using two fingers on the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i scroll using two fingers on the touchpad: how do i set my laptop to enable scrolling with two fingers on my touch pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-scroll-using-two-fingers-on-the-touchpad/edeaee31-9cf0-41c4-9353-e0a0289dcd14
  9. How do I change my mouse to reverse scroll?!?!?!?!

How do I change my mouse to reverse scroll?!?!?!?!: pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-change-my-mouse-to-reverse-scroll/92ca5b1e-3300-41bb-ac10-75a496d75bfe
  10. How do I reverse my left and right speaker sound?

How do I reverse my left and right speaker sound?: I have 2 speakers for left and right. Windows recognizes the speaker on the left as the right speaker. Then recognizes the speaker on the right as the left speaker. I can't reverse it because the wires won't reach. How do I reverse it in Windows? 70004