Windows 10: How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version

Discus and support How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is all well and good ... but the OP listed a Dell in their system specs, so aren't they going to need a Dell OEM ISO, not one of the retail MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Majesty, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Fixer Win User

How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version

OEM systems that have been upgraded to Win 10 acquire a digital license which obviates the need for OEM disks or product keys.

Source https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-10-activation
    Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasn’t been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. Depending on how you got your copy of Windows 10, activation will use either a digital license or a 25-character product key.

Digital license (called a digital entitlement in Windows 10 Version 1511) is a method of activation in Windows 10 that doesn't require you to enter a product key.

How you got Windows 10
    Activation method You upgraded to Windows 10 for free from an eligible device running a genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
    Digital license

Fixer, Nov 29, 2016

2. I think Mark is talking about needing Windows 7 OEM install media. If you want to go back to the original Windows 7 OEM-SLP activation, then yes, you'll need the Dell OEM install media for that make and model. You wouldn't normally get that anywhere other than from Dell. You may find an ISO on bit torrent but I personally wouldn't trust it or touch it with a 10 foot pole. The other alternative is to use stock install media and the key on COA sticker. OEM-COA activation, assuming you can still read the code on the sticker.

alphanumeric, Nov 29, 2016
  3. I couldn't help notice that the very first concern in this thread is that Windows Live mail wasn't working right. I've experienced this myself and in particular with the new outlook.com. Windows Live is or will be EOL (end of Life) next month. Some email systems are already acting fussy and have dropped support.

This link --- support .microsoft .com/en-us/help/18614/windows-essentials without the spaces will take you to announcement.

I know this doesn't address going to 7 back but I thought the original poster should be aware.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version

1. How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version - Similar Threads - revert earlier version

2. Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!: I tried updating my windows build and after installing and restarting my computer, I signed in to my account. After signing in, I noticed that it has reverted to an older version of my computer with old setup of files, old desktop placement and more. How do I fix this? Send...
  3. Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!: I tried updating my windows build and after installing and restarting my computer, I signed in to my account. After signing in, I noticed that it has reverted to an older version of my computer with old setup of files, old desktop placement and more. How do I fix this? Send...
  4. Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.: Hi,I woke up this morning and as I went to login to my PC it was obviously doing some type of update because it was asking me to 'Finish Setting up your PC'. It then asked me to login to Windows all over again. It shows in my System properties that I'm still running Windows...
  6. Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.: Hi,I woke up this morning and as I went to login to my PC it was obviously doing some type of update because it was asking me to 'Finish Setting up your PC'. It then asked me to login to Windows all over again. It shows in my System properties that I'm still running Windows...
  7. Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.

8. Revert to earlier version

Revert to earlier version: I did a clean install of 20h2 with a Win 10 flash dirve that I purchased. After numerous issues black screen, blue screen, freezes I figured out that the new Win 10 20H2 does not like my EVGA nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb graphics card. It actually hates it. If I install the card, the...
  9. How do I revert back to my previous version of Windows 10

How do I revert back to my previous version of Windows 10: Windows 10 version 2004 has too many bugs for me. How do I revert back to my previous version until Microsoft gets version 2004 fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-revert-back-to-my-previous-version-of/050b6641-6b65-44d1-b850-a4466e708773
  10. Reverting to an earlier version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting to an earlier version?: Hello, I just (last night) "upgraded" win 7 64bit to win 10. Seeing that the 1903 version is already out, it is what it loaded. Problem is, it is already causing conflicts with some programs. I need to be on the 1803/09 version. If i try to revert to previous versions,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to revert back to original windows version