Windows 10: How do i revert back to default .lua application

Discus and support How do i revert back to default .lua application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. So i've recently downloaded Civ 6, so I decided to look up some mods for it. Because it would make it abit more interesting. I had a mod... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Exiledmemphis, Dec 2, 2016.

1. How do i revert back to default .lua application

Hello.

So i've recently downloaded Civ 6, so I decided to look up some mods for it. Because it would make it abit more interesting.
    I had a mod that would require me to manually change some of the text in the file to my own liking.

You probably guessed it by now, I forgot to tick off the "set default app" thing.

I've played around with a lot of civ 5 mods in the past. So I feel so stupid to do the mistake now.
    I have tried going into cmd with admin and writing "assoc .lua=" but it didnt work, i've also tried to to locate the the default .lua app in the settings on windows 10. But I cannot revert it back, I only have the option to choose Notepad and some other apps.

Can someone please help me? Civ 6 wont register the file unless it gets reverted back to its default "app" or w/e it is

:)

Exiledmemphis, Dec 2, 2016

2. How do i revert back to default cleartype setting like with a fresh Windows install?

Hi Guru,

unfortunately after clicking on Display, the window has no "advanced display settings". See screenshot below. Hence I cannot follow your directions any further to solve my issue.

How do i revert back to default .lua application [​IMG]

TomasBuday, Dec 2, 2016
  3. How do i revert back to default cleartype setting like with a fresh Windows install?

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for pasting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue.

• Type Display Setting in the search bar.

• Select Display.

• In display click on advanced display settings.

• Under related settings you will all the options to fix this issue.
    Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

How do i revert back to default .lua application

.lua doesn't have an association by default in Windows.

If you want to get rid of the association just open regedit and delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.lua or select .lua and blank out the (Default) value

Neemobeer, Dec 2, 2016
  5. That didnt work, it still shows as notepad as the default app

6. Neemobeer Win User
    See if you have an association in regedit under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes

Neemobeer, Dec 2, 2016
  7. There is a folder called "lua_auto_file"

But nothing else that has anything with lua in it of the folders

8. pepanee Win User

Go to: Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type...

pepanee, Dec 2, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    A .lua file may be used by many different apps, particularly games.
    Lua: about

My guess is that you don't need to associate .lua with anything. It's probably just the fact it's already associated with something else that Civ 6 is objecting to.

I have files with an extension .vdbsag, like your .lua it's not a known file extension for Windows. I've previously tried to associate this with 7zip File Manager (it couldn't open them) and then used File Explorer's 'Open with...' (ticking the 'always use this app...' box) to open it in Wordpad.

Searching the Registry for all occurrences of 'vdbsag' found the following keys...

Code: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.vdbsag HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.vdbsag_auto_file HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.vdbsag HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ApplicationAssociationToasts\ containing the DWORD values: Applications\7zFM.exe_.vdbsag, Applications\WORDPAD.EXE_.vdbsag, vdbsag_auto_file_.vdbsag HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Roaming\OpenWith\FileExts\.vdbsag[/quote]
    I deleted all the keys and values with 'vdbsag' in their name, after which File Explorer showed Open with... as the default action when I right-clicked on a .vdbsag file. Selecting Wordpad to open .vdbsag and ticking 'always use this app...' recreated them (except the 7zFM one, of course).

Hope that helps.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i revert back to default .lua application - Similar Threads - revert default lua

2. How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?: Installed Windows 10 Pro by mistake when attempting restore/recover. When I attempt to install Windows 10 Home the install reverts to Windows 10 Pro....
  3. How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?: Installed Windows 10 Pro by mistake when attempting restore/recover. When I attempt to install Windows 10 Home the install reverts to Windows 10 Pro....
  4. How do I revert back to the old tile design?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I revert back to the old tile design?: I know this is a dumb question, but how do you switch back to the old tile layout? I don't like the new update, since I have tiles that were separately colored and also the new update positions app icons incorrectly. If there's no way to switch back, I'm rolling back my...
  5. Folder icon reverting back to default!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder icon reverting back to default!?: Hello, I have been trying to change my folder icons on my desktop to clear up some space. This is happening for the 3 folders so i will keep it to talking just about the Games folder. files are being acquired from Microsoft store app 'icon8' maybe that's the company...
  6. How do I revert back to default .sav application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert back to default .sav application: Hello! *Smile As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with the Notepad. Unfortunately, I forgot to tick off "set default app". Now, all of the .sav files (for all my games that use...
  7. How do I revert back to default .sav application

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I revert back to default .sav application: Hello! *Smile As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with the Notepad. Unfortunately, I forgot to tick off "set default app". Now, all of the .sav files (for all my games that use...
  8. Cant change Default app for .lua

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change Default app for .lua: I currently have .lua extention on Sublime text 2. and i would like to change it to another program and windows wont let me change it. ive tried changing from properties, and the windows settings. if you know how to fix this, i would like to hear your answer...
  9. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328
  10. How do i change the current defult of .lua

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i change the current defult of .lua: I downloaded a .lua file and it asked me what do i want it to open with. I exited out and it still made all my .lua files a photoshop file. I have tried alot from setting default to trying to revert my pc 2 day backs still nothing. I know the default program is suppose to be...