Windows 10: How do I revert back to default .sav application

Discus and support How do I revert back to default .sav application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! *Smile As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jimmo Gee, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Jimmo Gee Win User

How do I revert back to default .sav application

Hello! *Smile

As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with the Notepad.

Unfortunately, I forgot to tick off "set default app". Now, all of the .sav files (for all my games that use this format) are set to Notepad.

After testing a few games a little, it looks like they still detect the saves fine, and saving works too. But I fear that all of the .sav files being converted to Notepad may produce an unexpected problem in the future (e.g. some progress data not being recognized and saved in the Notepad format). Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

That is why I'd rather make all these .sav files revert back to their original application. Unfortunately, after trying to associate a file type via the Control Panel, Windows doesn't seem to have it. I've read about using regedit and deleting values, but I fear it'll cause more harm than good.

Can someone please tell me a solution? Thank you.

:)

Jimmo Gee, Jun 14, 2019
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

How do I revert back to default .sav application [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

How do I revert back to default .sav application [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Jun 14, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How do I revert back to default .sav application :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Lateralus Win User

atiTool reverting back to default

I'm useing a Sapphire Radeon 9200 Atlantis 256mg. Its defaults are Core:249 Memory:189 I'm trying to overclock it to 290 and 210 but every time I start up any game it reverts back to 249 and 189 any ideas?

Lateralus, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I revert back to default .sav application - Similar Threads - revert default sav

2. How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?: Installed Windows 10 Pro by mistake when attempting restore/recover. When I attempt to install Windows 10 Home the install reverts to Windows 10 Pro....
  3. How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?: Installed Windows 10 Pro by mistake when attempting restore/recover. When I attempt to install Windows 10 Home the install reverts to Windows 10 Pro....
  4. How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I revert back to the old tile design?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I revert back to the old tile design?: I know this is a dumb question, but how do you switch back to the old tile layout? I don't like the new update, since I have tiles that were separately colored and also the new update positions app icons incorrectly. If there's no way to switch back, I'm rolling back my...
  6. Folder icon reverting back to default!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder icon reverting back to default!?: Hello, I have been trying to change my folder icons on my desktop to clear up some space. This is happening for the 3 folders so i will keep it to talking just about the Games folder. files are being acquired from Microsoft store app 'icon8' maybe that's the company...
  7. How do I revert back to default .sav application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert back to default .sav application: Hello! *Smile As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with the Notepad. Unfortunately, I forgot to tick off "set default app". Now, all of the .sav files (for all my games that use...
  8. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328
  9. How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I have had continuous problems. Windows Live mail will barely function at all - just freezes every time I try to open it. IE 11 continually shows script errors despite disabling script debugging and I cannot print anything from the internet...
  10. How do i revert back to default .lua application

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i revert back to default .lua application: Hello. So i've recently downloaded Civ 6, so I decided to look up some mods for it. Because it would make it abit more interesting. I had a mod that would require me to manually change some of the text in the file to my own liking. You probably guessed it by now, I...