Windows 10: How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently...

Discus and support How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC [Windows 10] was setup with a local user account [Owner] which I used with no issues for the past 2 years.The other day when installing Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steve-Ozzie, Jun 10, 2023.

1. How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently...

My PC [Windows 10] was setup with a local user account [Owner] which I used with no issues for the past 2 years.The other day when installing Microsoft Teams "somehow" my local user account was changed to a Microsoft account.I followed the instructions I found posted in-line to revert back to my local user account namely:Settings->Accounts->Your Info and found the option to “Sign in with a local account instead” was not available as claimed. See screen capture below:So how do I revert back to my local user account with that option missing? It seems many have this problem where the opt

:)

Steve-Ozzie, Jun 10, 2023
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently... :(

Zakin, Jun 10, 2023
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2023
  4. Kari Win User

How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently...

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently...

1. How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently... - Similar Threads - revert Local User

2. How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently...: My PC [Windows 10] was setup with a local user account [Owner] which I used with no issues for the past 2 years.The other day when installing Microsoft Teams "somehow" my local user account was changed to a Microsoft account.I followed the instructions I found posted in-line...
  3. How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert back to my Local User Account on my PC after my account was accidently...: My PC [Windows 10] was setup with a local user account [Owner] which I used with no issues for the past 2 years.The other day when installing Microsoft Teams "somehow" my local user account was changed to a Microsoft account.I followed the instructions I found posted in-line...
  4. How do I revert back to the original Local Account password on a User / Sign-in that is now...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I revert back to the original Local Account password on a User / Sign-in that is now...: I recently signed into my Microsoft Account in my computer's Settings in order to enable Find My Device. Now, whenever I want to use my PC, I am being asked to enter my Microsoft Account password instead of the Local Account password that was previously in its place. I didn't...
  5. How do i change my windows account back to and admin with only a local account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i change my windows account back to and admin with only a local account?: Hi so I changed my only account the one I'm using to a local account and I'm trying to do something but I can't without having to enter a admin username and password. so what I'm wondering is how to I switch my account to a administrator while being a loacal...
  6. Reverting back to local account

Reverting back to local account: I inadvertently bought in to the request to sign in with a Microsoft account instead of my local account. When trying to use my local account at the log in I don't get the option to log in as another user and my old local account is all messed up....
  7. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...
  8. suspicious user/local account on my pc

suspicious user/local account on my pc: hi I have been getting a suspicious user/local account on a (new) pc (about 2-3 weeks old) that's called ybppcowywpz or something like that I have looked up anything about it and nothing comes up I have tried to delete it and every time I shut down my pc then turn it back on...
  9. How do I add a Local Account to my PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I add a Local Account to my PC: I sign in to my PC with a Microsoft Account. How do I set up an additional Local Account for myself on the PC? I have Windows 10 Home...Creators Update 1703. The guide on the forum for creating another account on a PC is similar but reads a bit differently to what I'm seeing...
  10. How to revert account back to local

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to revert account back to local: I've downloaed an app from the store and this made my local account to be authenticated against my Microsoft-account. How can I revert back the account to be a local account? Thanks in advance Olli 11266