Windows 10: How do I revert back to my previous version of Windows 10

Discus and support How do I revert back to my previous version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 2004 has too many bugs for me. How do I revert back to my previous version until Microsoft gets version 2004 fixed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AirForce9797, Sep 26, 2020.

1. How do I revert back to my previous version of Windows 10

Windows 10 version 2004 has too many bugs for me. How do I revert back to my previous version until Microsoft gets version 2004 fixed?

:)

AirForce9797, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows keeps reverting back to previous version.

Hi Josh,

The issue with Windows 10 update reverting back to previous version could be due to corruption in Windows Update component files.

We would like to ask some information to better assist you with your concern:

• Which previous build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

We suggest that you try to run
    Windows update troubleshooter
    and check if it works.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Gary38914 Win User
    Revert back to previous versions

I installed Windows 10 1 week ago and need to revert to windows 8.1. I have tried both of your suggestion to revert and a) do not have a 'revert to windows 8.1' listing on my settings-restore page and b) when I restart the PC holding the shift key and
    select 'revert to previous build' I get a WDF Violation error and the system restarts Windows 10. There is a windows.old folder. I'm stuck, what can I do to restore Windows 8.1?

Gary38914, Sep 26, 2020
  4. How do I revert back to my previous version of Windows 10

reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I revert back to my previous version of Windows 10

1. How do I revert back to my previous version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - revert previous version

2. How to revert taskbar to the previous version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert taskbar to the previous version: Hello, I would like to ask for a solution on how to revert the taskbar to the previous version. So my windows recently had an update, I waited for around 30 minutes after the update is complete, I opened my laptop then the taskbar and a few windows app changed. soo this is...
  3. How to revert taskbar to the previous version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to revert taskbar to the previous version: Hello, I would like to ask for a solution on how to revert the taskbar to the previous version. So my windows recently had an update, I waited for around 30 minutes after the update is complete, I opened my laptop then the taskbar and a few windows app changed. soo this is...
  4. How to revert taskbar to the previous version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to revert to a previous version of windows 10

How to revert to a previous version of windows 10: So Windows strongarmed me into updating to their latest version of Windows against my will, and has since, messed up my art program. I use Paint Tool Sai, and since updating, the program will act like it's opening, but as soon as the loading banner goes away, it doesn't...
  6. Windows update keeps reverting back to previous version

Windows update keeps reverting back to previous version: I am running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop , it is at Version10 1709 . I have been trying to update it for a while . I tried the built in update then the Windows 10 update assistant . I tried even using the Media creation tool to burn a CD and run the update from there ....
  7. How do I go back to a previous version of Windows 10

How do I go back to a previous version of Windows 10: After the latest Windows 10 update my audio across the board has been muffled and distorted, this includes video games, surfing the internet, and various applications I use for video editing like Davinci Resolve. The most common solution I've found on various forums is the...
  8. reverting to a previous version of windows 10.

reverting to a previous version of windows 10.: Hi, I used to have version 1709 win 10 pro and bought a new system, This new system is running on version 1803 which does not run any of the apps I use … how do I get back to this version of windows? Any help would be appreciated. Im not the most tech savy sorry...
  9. how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10

how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10: how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10? I think an update messed up one of my programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previous-version-of-win-10/6f8c8283-91bb-45ea-bc85-027a92a23163
  10. How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version

How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I have had continuous problems. Windows Live mail will barely function at all - just freezes every time I try to open it. IE 11 continually shows script errors despite disabling script debugging and I cannot print anything from the internet...