Windows 10: How do I revert back to the old tile design?

Discus and support How do I revert back to the old tile design? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know this is a dumb question, but how do you switch back to the old tile layout? I don't like the new update, since I have tiles that were separately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/patricklabay, Oct 29, 2020.

1. How do I revert back to the old tile design?

I know this is a dumb question, but how do you switch back to the old tile layout? I don't like the new update, since I have tiles that were separately colored and also the new update positions app icons incorrectly. If there's no way to switch back, I'm rolling back my version since nothing really changed and I miss the old Edge.

submitted by /u/patricklabay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/patricklabay, Oct 29, 2020

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Oct 29, 2020
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 29, 2020
  4. How do I revert back to the old tile design?

Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I revert back to the old tile design?

1. How do I revert back to the old tile design? - Similar Threads - revert old tile

2. How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?: Installed Windows 10 Pro by mistake when attempting restore/recover. When I attempt to install Windows 10 Home the install reverts to Windows 10 Pro....
  3. How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?: Installed Windows 10 Pro by mistake when attempting restore/recover. When I attempt to install Windows 10 Home the install reverts to Windows 10 Pro....
  4. How do I revert the taskbar search UI to an older design?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I revert the taskbar search UI to an older design?: I've recently upgraded my windows in a long time from the 2018 version. However, with that being the case, all the new UI updates serious infuriates me and I would like to revert to how it used to look. I've already disabled the weather icon and reverted the file explorer to...
  5. Favorites reverting back to an old sync?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Favorites reverting back to an old sync?: submitted by /u/GiusMara [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8dapr/favorites_reverting_back_to_an_old_sync/
  6. How to revert back to old Edge on 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to revert back to old Edge on 20H2?: Just installed the October update and I want the old Edge back. The new edge is obviously better as a browser, but as a PDF reader the old edge is way smoother (I run the Chromium version on the Beta channel to not overwrite the original version) How do you revert it back?...
  7. How do I revert back to default .sav application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert back to default .sav application: Hello! *Smile As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with the Notepad. Unfortunately, I forgot to tick off "set default app". Now, all of the .sav files (for all my games that use...
  8. How do I revert back to default .sav application

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I revert back to default .sav application: Hello! *Smile As I was curious about what a game save file looks like, I tried to opened a .sav file (backup of the actual save file of course) with the Notepad. Unfortunately, I forgot to tick off "set default app". Now, all of the .sav files (for all my games that use...
  9. How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I have had continuous problems. Windows Live mail will barely function at all - just freezes every time I try to open it. IE 11 continually shows script errors despite disabling script debugging and I cannot print anything from the internet...
  10. How do I get back the live tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get back the live tiles?: I am using Insider Preview version of Windows 10 and suddenly the live tiles feature has disappeared*Mad. How do I get it back? I have screen captured how my screen looks: http://hodentek.blogspot.com/2016/05...indows-10.html 49662