Windows 10: How do I revert windows 10 updates?

Discus and support How do I revert windows 10 updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After I reset my PC to fix an issue, I noticed that the 1903 update for my laptop is VERY buggy. My laptop keeps having random freezes and sometimes my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zach_1542, Aug 9, 2019.

1. zach_1542 Win User

How do I revert windows 10 updates?

After I reset my PC to fix an issue, I noticed that the 1903 update for my laptop is VERY buggy. My laptop keeps having random freezes and sometimes my PC just blacks out and completely shuts off. Do I just wait for it to become less laggy? It has been getting better yet this is still very bad since the last update my computer felt smooth, and much better than this current version. Is there any way to go back to an older update like the October 2018 update without having to reset my laptop again? Thanks!

(as I am writing this I have had 2 blackouts and multiple times where my screen just freezes, and my text doesn't print.)

:)

zach_1542, Aug 9, 2019

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 9, 2019
  4. How do I revert windows 10 updates?

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

No, the license only applies to the Windows 8 OEM copy the original owner purchased with laptop, it doesn't magically transform into Windows 8.1 Retail one.

OK, so here's the commonly recommended steps that should help you with your problem.

Before you begin, I would recommend you to download both of these files and save them on your USB drive in order to use it later as the only source of third-party packages:
    1. The first step would be to recover the original Windows installation using your hard drive partition (the thing that you've done before, I believe). Follow the steps described here (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03544793#N258) and see if you missed anything. By the end of this operation, make so that your HP product is not connected to any sort of network.

2. Configure your HP device to boot in "clean" mode as described here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135). Restart once.

3. Run the first file you've downloaded (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67259.exe) from your just-recovered Windows copy and follow the steps required.

4. Run the AMD package (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe). Choose the "Advanced" installation option in order to be able to opt-out the "AMD/Raprt App" and "HydraVision" packages.

5. Establish an Internet connection. Run "Windows Store" tile from your Start screen, and select "Windows 8.1" package.

6. Once you're done with your migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you can install all the critical updates offered by Windows Update, which would be driver software, then Windows 8.1 Update package (KB2919442 > KB2919355 > KB2932046 > KB2959977 > KB2937592 > KB2938439 > KB2934018), "August" Update (KB2993651 > KB2975719 > KB2993100 > KB2979582 > KB2990532 > KB2995004) and .NET Framework 4.5.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642).

Constantine Yevseyev, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I revert windows 10 updates?

1. How do I revert windows 10 updates? - Similar Threads - revert updates

2. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  3. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  4. After latest display update, the screen goes black and I can't seem to revert it even with...

After latest display update, the screen goes black and I can't seem to revert it even with...: The lastest "Display" update or something like that, my screen goes black instantly. I can't do anything to revert it since the recovery point somehow is from 20 minutes ago. it probably has that update and goes black the moment it starts installing from recovery point like...
  5. After latest display update, the screen goes black and I can't seem to revert it even with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After latest display update, the screen goes black and I can't seem to revert it even with...: The lastest "Display" update or something like that, my screen goes black instantly. I can't do anything to revert it since the recovery point somehow is from 20 minutes ago. it probably has that update and goes black the moment it starts installing from recovery point like...
  6. My computer updated to Win 11 without consent and reverted on its own to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer updated to Win 11 without consent and reverted on its own to Win 10: Hello,I have been searching this forum for a solution to my problem... I have not found an answer.I started my computer like normal and it had updated to Windows 11 first time it done so successfully. I notice my desktop files are missing so I go into...
  7. My computer updated to Win 11 without consent and reverted on its own to Win 10

My computer updated to Win 11 without consent and reverted on its own to Win 10: Hello,I have been searching this forum for a solution to my problem... I have not found an answer.I started my computer like normal and it had updated to Windows 11 first time it done so successfully. I notice my desktop files are missing so I go into...
  8. My computer updated to Win 11 without consent and reverted on its own to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Pc does automatic windows 11 update just to revert all changes made

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc does automatic windows 11 update just to revert all changes made: I recently upgraded to windows 11. Everytime I start my computer it starts doing some update to it, it takes about a few minutes. Then it says something along these lines: "Something went wrong, don't worry, we'll revert the chnages". Then it restarts, starts reverting...
  10. Pc does automatic windows 11 update just to revert all changes made

Pc does automatic windows 11 update just to revert all changes made: I recently upgraded to windows 11. Everytime I start my computer it starts doing some update to it, it takes about a few minutes. Then it says something along these lines: "Something went wrong, don't worry, we'll revert the chnages". Then it restarts, starts reverting...