Windows 10: How do I rid myself of Tiles on my desktop - arrived after last MSupdate!

Discus and support How do I rid myself of Tiles on my desktop - arrived after last MSupdate! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have tried the Settings> System>Tablet Mode> route and it hasn't done a thing. Did it three times in all, thinking I had missed turning something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CassieRae2, Nov 25, 2019.

1. How do I rid myself of Tiles on my desktop - arrived after last MSupdate!

Hi I have tried the Settings> System>Tablet Mode> route and it hasn't done a thing. Did it three times in all, thinking I had missed turning something off/on.

What else can put these tiles back where I want them - hidden.

Many thanks

:)

CassieRae2, Nov 25, 2019

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Getting rid of desktop with live tiles on New Windows 10 update?

Does anyone know how to get rid of these stupid live tiles blocking my desktop view on the Windows 10 update? I had my desktop and task bar organized exactly how I wanted it, and now the new tiles have screwed it all up. I want to go back to the classic
    desktop view where I can see my folders, links, and backgrounds and have my apps in the task bar out of the way. I thought they had gotten rid of this whole "live tile desktop" thing when the started windows 10. I apologize for the frustration in this post.
    Thank you.

feyqueen14, Nov 25, 2019
  4. How do I rid myself of Tiles on my desktop - arrived after last MSupdate!

how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

How do I rid myself of Tiles on my desktop - arrived after last MSupdate!

1. How do I rid myself of Tiles on my desktop - arrived after last MSupdate! - Similar Threads - rid myself Tiles

2. How Do I UnBlock Myself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I UnBlock Myself: I cannot access Windows Security. It says, "This app has been blocked by your system administrator." I am the administrator. Not sure how I blocked myself, but I did. I did block the Microsoft Store for another Standard User, but that is it for Application Control Policies....
  3. There is a "desktop" notepad file on my desktop. How do i get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a "desktop" notepad file on my desktop. How do i get rid of it?: So today out of the blue as usual another thing bug happened which is that now there is a notepad fie called "desktop" that appeared on my desktop, I really don't know what that is. I tried looking everywhere for an answer but all the tutorials I found were to hide two...
  4. There is a "desktop" notepad file on my desktop. How do i get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a "desktop" notepad file on my desktop. How do i get rid of it?: So today out of the blue as usual another thing bug happened which is that now there is a notepad fie called "desktop" that appeared on my desktop, I really don't know what that is. I tried looking everywhere for an answer but all the tutorials I found were to hide two...
  5. There is a "desktop" notepad file on my desktop. How do i get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?: Please don't answer with something like: open the redirect app in the autorun file and bootstrap the digibundle, reboot in Safe mode and reinstall win 10I have know idea what any of that computer mumbo jumbo means, I just want the white box gone.Thanks for your help...
  7. How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?: Please don't answer with something like: open the redirect app in the autorun file and bootstrap the digibundle, reboot in Safe mode and reinstall win 10I have know idea what any of that computer mumbo jumbo means, I just want the white box gone.Thanks for your help...
  8. Ridding myself of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ridding myself of OneDrive: I don't want OneDrive on my Windows 10 Home computers. I need to rid them of this. How do I remove OneDrive from my computers and make sure that OneDrive does not install again?...
  9. How do I get rid of the Startpage image on my desktop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of the Startpage image on my desktop?: How do I get rid of the Startpage image on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-startpage-image-on-my/ca59d976-d2ec-4800-9e5d-048dca13ee20
  10. How do I get rid of the notifications on the Calendar live tile?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the notifications on the Calendar live tile?: In Windows 10, I have the live tile for the default Calendar application turned on, as I like to have the tile simply telling me the date and day of the week. However whenever an event is the next or current day, for these two whole days the tile shows me notifications about...