Windows 10: How do I roll back from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Discus and support How do I roll back from Windows 10 Pro to Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I sadly made the stupid decision to use a Windows 10 Pro activation key from an online source other than Microsoft. It acted like it was a legit key,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lupus_Welshie, Feb 13, 2020.

1. How do I roll back from Windows 10 Pro to Home

I sadly made the stupid decision to use a Windows 10 Pro activation key from an online source other than Microsoft. It acted like it was a legit key, "installed new features", and as soon as I got back into it, Windows bombarded me with pop-ups, asking me to activate windows. That's when I knew I messed up. I'm panicking to find ways to rollback to the pre-installed version of Windows 10, but I keep ending up back where I started. This is of dire need. I have too much stuff on my SSD to just move it somewhere else and wipe windows. Windows 10 Pro works, but the activation thing bugs me. If there is a workaround, feel free to reply.

:)

Lupus_Welshie, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

How do I roll back from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How do I roll back from Windows 10 Pro to Home

1. How do I roll back from Windows 10 Pro to Home - Similar Threads - roll Pro Home

2. How do I roll back an update on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I roll back an update on Windows 11 Home?: The last update has messed up a lot of things on my computer. Restore won't work. The option to roll back to a previous update doesn't seem to work either. Please help me. I don't want to have to reset my computer and reload all the programs and apps....
  3. How do I roll back an update on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I roll back an update on Windows 11 Home?: The last update has messed up a lot of things on my computer. Restore won't work. The option to roll back to a previous update doesn't seem to work either. Please help me. I don't want to have to reset my computer and reload all the programs and apps....
  4. Rolling Back To Windows 10 Pro, Will It Activate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Rolling Back To Windows 10 Pro, Will It Activate?: Like I used my account to sign-in w/ Windows 10, and it activated before, would it do the same again going back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rolling-back-to-windows-10-pro-will-it-activate/abc00578-bdba-4188-8b35-a6d9601cc70c
  5. Rolling Back To Windows 10 Pro, Will It Activate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rolling Back To Windows 10 Pro, Will It Activate?: Like I used my account to sign-in w/ Windows 10, and it activated before, would it do the same again going back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rolling-back-to-windows-10-pro-will-it-activate/abc00578-bdba-4188-8b35-a6d9601cc70c
  6. Rolling Back To Windows 10 Pro, Will It Activate?

7. Roll back to Windows 11 Home from Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back to Windows 11 Home from Windows 11 Pro: In my attempt to Activate Windows 11 Home i accidently upgraded to Windows 11 Pro using generic key. I want to go back to Windows 11 Home. Please help....
  8. Roll back to Windows 11 Home from Windows 11 Pro

Roll back to Windows 11 Home from Windows 11 Pro: In my attempt to Activate Windows 11 Home i accidently upgraded to Windows 11 Pro using generic key. I want to go back to Windows 11 Home. Please help....
  9. how to roll back windows upgade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to roll back windows upgade from home to pro: For whatever reason my copy of windows shows that it has been updated from home to enterprise edition. I made a mistake, I only wanted to Pr edition. Ho can I roll back to home or Pro edition?...
  10. Can't roll back to Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't roll back to Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15-5565 that came with Windows 10 Home and I tried to upgrade it to Pro because I needed some of the administration tools that come with it, so I tried to activate Pro with an old Windows 7 activation key I had (since I read this was one way it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. roll back win 10 pro to win 10 home