Windows 10: how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10

Discus and support how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10? I think an update messed up one of my programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeboraLeyba, Mar 14, 2019.

1. how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10

how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10?

I think an update messed up one of my programs

:)

DeboraLeyba, Mar 14, 2019

2. Roll Back To Windows 10 version 1609 - Previous Version

Dear Community,

Two weeks ago my Windows 10 OS updated to Win 10 version 1709. There are many bugs in this version and it degraded my graphics with the latest graphics driver. I even rolled back the driver to my previous version, it still does not work properly.

Can anyone please provide instructions to roll back to my previous version of Win 10 OS? I cannot find a roll back option in Settings.

Thank You,

Paul

paulwayne317, Mar 14, 2019
  3. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 14, 2019
  4. how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10

Windows 10 stuck on reboot - While working to previous version of Windows

Thanks for the reply, but the information in the links do not provide an answer to my problem. I know how to upgrade to windows 10 and how you're supposed to roll back to the previous version. I followed these steps.

The problem is that after following the steps to roll back, that Windows 10 is now stuck in a reboot loop WHILE restoring to a previous version of Windows (7). I've no idea what to do about it.

Edit: I fully understand you want to inject Windows 10 into the world asap, so helping out someone who wants to roll back to an older version is definitely not on your priority list, but even if there's a solution to save my files that requires/demands me
    to 'fix' Windows 10 on my PC, I'd be more than happy to accept that 'deal'.

Silvius505, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10

1. how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10 - Similar Threads - roll previous version

2. go back to previous version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  3. How Can I Roll Back (Revert) the Windows Defender Platform Version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Can I Roll Back (Revert) the Windows Defender Platform Version: I am convinced that Version 4.18.1809.2 of the Windows Defender Antimalware Platform, is causing Windows Defender Offline to fail to scan. Instead of loading the WDO UI, the PC boots back into Windows, immediately after starting to configure WDO. PCs with a Platform of...
  4. How to go back to the previous Windows (10) Photo version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go back to the previous Windows (10) Photo version: Hello, Windows Photo was really a great application. Unfortunately for some mysterious reasons, the previous version was replaced by a "thing" (this is a toy not a software) who really not fit the needs according to the complains I can find everywhere. The quickfix...
  5. Roll back to version 1607

Roll back to version 1607: I have massive stuttering issues in all of my game, I am sure this si due to the windows creators update. I want to roll back to 1607 to check if this will help. Is there any possible way that I can do this? When I go to recovery, I don't see the option....
  6. No option to roll back to previous build

No option to roll back to previous build: After the last update, my Asus laptop can not connect to wifi or ethernet. When I troubleshoot, it says that it couldn't obtain DNS IP. I have in total 5 laptops here and 2 phones all connected fine on wifi. Anyone know where the roll back to previous build went? I have...
  7. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...
  8. How do i cancel the rollback to a previous version of Windows?

How do i cancel the rollback to a previous version of Windows?: Hello, i accidentally clicked Go to a previous version of Windows when trying to fix my desktop computer. My motherboard is this if you´re wondering: GIGABYTE Z170 Gaming K3. 72705
  9. Roll Back Driver to Previous Version in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Roll Back Driver to Previous Version in Windows 10: Hi Shawn, since I transferred my system to the new motherboard, I noticed the yellow triangle on three devices. What looks like a triangle, is missing the "!"->*Warning Same as your screenshot above, IDE ATA, Storage Devices, and Display Adapters(graphics cards). I never...
  10. how do i create a back up for win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i create a back up for win 10 ?: I want to have some way of recovering everything just in case things go bad with win 10 17150