Windows 10: How do I rollback an update (2004) after the 10 days have passed?

Discus and support How do I rollback an update (2004) after the 10 days have passed? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few months back I updated and have had nothing but trouble since. I want to go back to an update before this one but time has passed and I seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jdolan98, Sep 2, 2020.

1. How do I rollback an update (2004) after the 10 days have passed?

A few months back I updated and have had nothing but trouble since. I want to go back to an update before this one but time has passed and I seem to have missed the window to do so. I factory restored my pc and it seemed to have updated back to 2004 upon turning it on (when I ran winver it said 2004). How do I get an older update? I don't care about my data cause I obviously deleted it all.

I'm using an older prebuilt pc with some parts upgraded, and am rather technologically illiterate so any help would be nice lol

submitted by /u/jdolan98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jdolan98, Sep 2, 2020

2. 2004 Windows 10 Update

Hi win10userJM. Thank you for reaching out. My name is Jayson, an Independent Advisor for Microsoft and a user just like you. I'll be glad to assist you.

It is known that Windows 10 2004 update has a lot of known bugs. You can find out about it on this link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/releas...

You can rollback the Windows 10 2004 update to 1909 version. Please check the link below on the steps on how to rollback the update. Please note that this will only work if you updated Windows in the last 10 days.

https://howtofixwindows.com/rollback-windows-10...

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need ore assistance.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised

on the site before you decide to download and install it.

JaysonEstimos, Sep 2, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    BSOD on power wakeup - Windows 10 2004

The only method to nearly guarantee a rollback is a backup image.
    That is step #1.
    It allows a restore to the time in which the image is made.
    Running the above commands should not prevent a rollback.

Windows automatically deletes Windows.old after the 10 day.
    Whether a rollback can be made is unknown.
    It is in some respects similar to a restore point: they may or may not work when you need them.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...indows-10-2004
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...indows-10-2004

zbook, Sep 2, 2020
  4. How do I rollback an update (2004) after the 10 days have passed?

OldNavyGuy, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

How do I rollback an update (2004) after the 10 days have passed?

1. How do I rollback an update (2004) after the 10 days have passed? - Similar Threads - rollback update 2004

2. Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days: I want to rollback to Windows 10 because Windows 11 is the opposite of efficient and has cut my productivity down so much that I have no other choice. The absurd 10 day window has passed - not 10 days of use, but 10 days since I installed... we're only open 4 days per week so...
  3. Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days: I want to rollback to Windows 10 because Windows 11 is the opposite of efficient and has cut my productivity down so much that I have no other choice. The absurd 10 day window has passed - not 10 days of use, but 10 days since I installed... we're only open 4 days per week so...
  4. Windows 11 rollback after 10 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 rollback after 10 days: I've had Windows 11 installed for 11 days, just over the end of the 10 day rollback period.The old Windows 10 files are still taking up space on the SSD C:/ drive.How long before those files clear themselves automatically?, as disk clean up says that there are 20Gbytes or...
  5. Windows 11 rollback after 10 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 rollback after 10 days: I've had Windows 11 installed for 11 days, just over the end of the 10 day rollback period.The old Windows 10 files are still taking up space on the SSD C:/ drive.How long before those files clear themselves automatically?, as disk clean up says that there are 20Gbytes or...
  6. Windows 10 1909 fails to update to 2004 or 20H2 - Rollback

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1909 fails to update to 2004 or 20H2 - Rollback: I tried to update the Lenovo T490 from 1909 to 2004 and 20H2 without success. I updated many other makes and models with no issue but this model throws the same error every time. I've already tried all the SFC and DISM commands with no errors found. To try to isolate, I...
  7. How safe is it to rollback release 2004?

in Windows 10 Support
    How safe is it to rollback release 2004?: A couple of days ago MS pushed me real hard to upgrade to 2004. In my naivety I assumed that it being rolled out months ago would have the worst bugs fixed now. I upgraded my desktop PC without any problems, so I proceeded to upgrade my laptop as well. Unfortunately, after a...
  8. I want to downgrade from 2004 to 1909 but more than 10 days have passed.

I want to downgrade from 2004 to 1909 but more than 10 days have passed.: Now I'm trying to dual boot W10 Home preinstalled, SSD +W10 Education trying to install in HDD partition, have license. The installation process is complete. But when I try to boot it is showing an error code 0xc000000e, and it says - " Your PC/Device needs to be repaired....
  9. Rollback 2004 to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rollback 2004 to 1909: Can someone tell me how to rollback my Windows version from 2004 to 1909 even after the 10 day range? Im trying to play a game and it only supports 1909 windows version. submitted by /u/TTVBigDaddyWolfx [link] [comments]...
  10. Rollback - How to revert to previous version of windows after 10 days

Rollback - How to revert to previous version of windows after 10 days: Our computers updated to V1903. Upon returning to work from being away we realized our printers are not working due to windows update. We are after the 10 day period of reverting back due to being out of town and now we can't do any printing... How do I get back to a previous...