Windows 10: How do I rotate a video on Windows 10 that was recorded on an android phone?

Discus and support How do I rotate a video on Windows 10 that was recorded on an android phone? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi After looking through my old video collection I noticed some videos look like they have been recorded sideways for whatever reason even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JenMarie79, Apr 7, 2020.

1. How do I rotate a video on Windows 10 that was recorded on an android phone?

Hi

After looking through my old video collection I noticed some videos look like they have been recorded sideways for whatever reason even though the videos were recorded normally. I'm wanting to rotate these so I can view on a Windows 10 computer. I've looked up threads here about how to fix but none are working. Any more suggestions?

:)

JenMarie79, Apr 7, 2020
  2. ugura Win User

Lumia 925, video recording, no auto rotate ?

Auto rotating a photo is not a big deal, but auto rotating a video requires heavy cpu power which you cannot do on your phone.

On your phone the video is not rotated itself, just the screen is rotated, but when you move that video to your PC, you will see the original.

On your PC,

• you can rotate the display upside down, that's what basically your phone does while watching it on the phone
    • or you can use third party apps to display rotated video, I guess vlc player does that.
    • or you can use video editing tools to rotate the video itself.

ugura, Apr 7, 2020
  3. t_ski Win User
    $.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown How do I rotate a video on Windows 10 that was recorded on an android phone? :(

t_ski, Apr 7, 2020
  4. How do I rotate a video on Windows 10 that was recorded on an android phone?

Rotating Video

What did you use to record the video, an iPhone?

Is rotation lock enabled on the phone?

Andre Da Costa, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

How do I rotate a video on Windows 10 that was recorded on an android phone?

1. How do I rotate a video on Windows 10 that was recorded on an android phone? - Similar Threads - rotate video was

2. Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone: Help! In 12 hours Windows 10 has only uploaded 370 photos out of 1444, it would usually do this in minutes - whats going on? Please note that I am NOT tech savvy. I had gone through all of the photos before importing, which took ages, so don't really want to stop the process...
  3. How to make Android phone as video camera recognized?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make Android phone as video camera recognized?: I have DroidCam client installed on the computer and the app installed on the Android phone. But the camera is not recognized by the Windows camera app although it is visible in Skype as a device. How to make Android phone as video camera recognized?...
  4. Android phone as video camera not recognized

Android phone as video camera not recognized: I have installed DroidCam client on my desktop and the app on my Android phone. The camera is working properly and is visible as a device in Skype but it is not recognized by the Windows Camera app or another app I tried (Essential Video Recorder). I have checked the driver...
  5. How can I rotate a VIDEO in Photos

How can I rotate a VIDEO in Photos: Hello, Windows movie maker had a great feature to rotate videos. I see it for pictures but the rotation button grays out on a video. I have googled and messed with photos for hours. It doesn't seem like the feature exists for videos. Can anyone help? Thanks, John...
  6. How to rotate videos by 90 degrees in Windows 10

How to rotate videos by 90 degrees in Windows 10: Windows 10 imports photos automatically in the right format (portrait or landscape), depending on the orientation of the image. Videos, however, are all automatically imported in landscape format. For photos, there is an option to turn left or right when right-clicking on the...
  7. how to rotate a video in VLC

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to rotate a video in VLC: I opened a video with VLC but it plays the video right away and I cannot find an option to rotate the video because there is no tab showing menu or options to do anything...
  8. Rotating a video

Rotating a video: how do i rotate a video in Windows Moment which is supposed to be a replacement for Movie Maker Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Movies & TV...
  9. Rotating a video

Rotating a video: how do i rotate a video in Windows Moment which is supposed to be a replacement for Movie Maker Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings....
  10. Rotating a video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotating a video: how do i rotate a video in Windows Moment which is supposed to be a replacement for Movie Maker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/rotating-a-video/21f59558-54bd-4645-841b-3744a59018ca