Windows 10: how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

Discus and support how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; please list steps to run chkdsk fix in win 10 as administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SabrinaWatkins1, Oct 17, 2019.

1. how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

please list steps to run chkdsk fix in win 10 as administrator

:)

SabrinaWatkins1, Oct 17, 2019

2. Why can't I run chkdsk?

Hello Jack,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing this issue due to some problem with the Administrator privileges. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if you're logged in as an Administrator when you're trying to run chkdsk on your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting? Kindly send us a screenshot if possible.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try to disable the third-party antivirus software on your computer. After disabling it, try to run chkdsk and check if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Oct 17, 2019
  4. how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

Run chkdsk/r on Win 10 PC

I thought that maybe chkdsk/r was not running since there was no visual evidence. However, after about 2.5 hours, it did complete.

I have been troubleshooting a "system hangs" trouble. I installed a Win 10 Repair Update but still have the problem.

Windows Event Viewer shows Event ID 7 - Drive has a bad block. That event occurs every few minutes in the event log.

I thought that chkdsk/r would fix but the event is still happening.

I may have a bad hard disk.

SylviaFerrier, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

1. how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10 - Similar Threads - run chkdsk fix

2. How do I have administrative privilege's on win 10 running on a virtual machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I have administrative privilege's on win 10 running on a virtual machine.: I want to change some settings however, when it's time for me to input the username and password, i get the prompt shown on the image attached.What can I do to gain admin privileges'....
  3. How do I have administrative privilege's on win 10 running on a virtual machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I have administrative privilege's on win 10 running on a virtual machine.: I want to change some settings however, when it's time for me to input the username and password, i get the prompt shown on the image attached.What can I do to gain admin privileges'....
  4. How do I have administrative privilege's on win 10 running on a virtual machine.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?: How do I run Chkdsk on the system boots up, particularly on drives other than the C drive or non boot drives?Wrong answers: fsutil dirty set: I used the command parameter "e: fsutil dirty set" and it simply set the drive as dirty, didn't run chkdsk on bootup.chkdsk /x /f /r:...
  6. How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?: How do I run Chkdsk on the system boots up, particularly on drives other than the C drive or non boot drives?Wrong answers: fsutil dirty set: I used the command parameter "e: fsutil dirty set" and it simply set the drive as dirty, didn't run chkdsk on bootup.chkdsk /x /f /r:...
  7. How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do I run chkdsk on Disk 0?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I run chkdsk on Disk 0?: I want to run chkdsk on one partition at a time on Disk 0. But three of the partitions don't have drive letters. How do I accomplish this? Also, how can I tell what's in the two partitions to the far right? If there's nothing of value there, I'd want to consolidate them into...
  9. Run as administrator in win 10 pro do not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run as administrator in win 10 pro do not work: I have just installed a clean Windows 10 pro on 2 completely SSD HD in Raid1 mode. I try to install the drivers and software for my main board and graphical card, but windows gives only the message run as administrator, even if I use the run as administrator (right click on...
  10. How do I run chkdsk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I run chkdsk: I keep getting this error message...something to the effect of "something wrong w/D drive and needs to be scanned". I went on line and was told to click win key and x, then select command prompt administrator, then type in D f / r / x. Is this correct or should there be...