Windows 10: How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?

Discus and support How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I run Chkdsk on the system boots up, particularly on drives other than the C drive or non boot drives?Wrong answers: fsutil dirty set: I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GIDragon, May 3, 2022.

1. GIDragon Win User

How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?

How do I run Chkdsk on the system boots up, particularly on drives other than the C drive or non boot drives?Wrong answers: fsutil dirty set: I used the command parameter "e: fsutil dirty set" and it simply set the drive as dirty, didn't run chkdsk on bootup.chkdsk /x /f /r: I used the command parameter on the d drive and it simply ran chkdsk immediatly without even asking if I wanted to run it on restart.Is it possible to run chkdsk on bootup on drives other than the C drive or non boot drives? It must be because I'm certain I've done this before, I just can't remember how.Any help would be a

:)

GIDragon, May 3, 2022

2. how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

please list steps to run chkdsk fix in win 10 as administrator

SabrinaWatkins1, May 3, 2022
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, May 3, 2022
  4. How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?

Why can't I run chkdsk?

Hello Jack,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing this issue due to some problem with the Administrator privileges. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if you're logged in as an Administrator when you're trying to run chkdsk on your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting? Kindly send us a screenshot if possible.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try to disable the third-party antivirus software on your computer. After disabling it, try to run chkdsk and check if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, May 3, 2022
Thema:

How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?

1. How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives? - Similar Threads - run Chkdsk bootup

2. Bootup issue. used CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootup issue. used CHKDSK: Hi,I have a recurring problem where my PC needs to be hard rebooted 1-2 times before it actually turns on.These are what might happen to prompt me to hard reboot- Reached desktop screen but freezes.- PC turn on but black screen.- Reached bootup screen but freezes can tell...
  3. Bootup issue. used CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootup issue. used CHKDSK: Hi,I have a recurring problem where my PC needs to be hard rebooted 1-2 times before it actually turns on.These are what might happen to prompt me to hard reboot- Reached desktop screen but freezes.- PC turn on but black screen.- Reached bootup screen but freezes can tell...
  4. Bootup issue. used CHKDSK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?: How do I run Chkdsk on the system boots up, particularly on drives other than the C drive or non boot drives?Wrong answers: fsutil dirty set: I used the command parameter "e: fsutil dirty set" and it simply set the drive as dirty, didn't run chkdsk on bootup.chkdsk /x /f /r:...
  6. How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I run Chkdsk on bootup on non bootdrives?: How do I run Chkdsk on the system boots up, particularly on drives other than the C drive or non boot drives?Wrong answers: fsutil dirty set: I used the command parameter "e: fsutil dirty set" and it simply set the drive as dirty, didn't run chkdsk on bootup.chkdsk /x /f /r:...
  7. How do I run chkdsk on Disk 0?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I run chkdsk on Disk 0?: I want to run chkdsk on one partition at a time on Disk 0. But three of the partitions don't have drive letters. How do I accomplish this? Also, how can I tell what's in the two partitions to the far right? If there's nothing of value there, I'd want to consolidate them into...
  8. CHKDSK not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK not running: I have errors on C: and scheduled checkdisk to run on restart. The issue is it goes through the countdown for pressing a key to cancel, then it says checking for errors on c but then after a few seconds the screen goes black and goes straight to the windows log in screen....
  9. How do I run as non-admin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I run as non-admin?: I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, and if it has, I apologize. I recently read that running my home PC network as administrator is dangerous and that I should use a local user account. Not knowing where to begin, I added a new account under "Family & other...
  10. How do I run chkdsk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I run chkdsk: I keep getting this error message...something to the effect of "something wrong w/D drive and needs to be scanned". I went on line and was told to click win key and x, then select command prompt administrator, then type in D f / r / x. Is this correct or should there be...