Windows 10: How do I run my CD/ROM

Discus and support How do I run my CD/ROM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I run my CD/Rom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-my-cdrom/cfa21661-d7a7-4dd3-819e-5d789fc8d8a4 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Magee Marymaid, May 9, 2020.

1. How do I run my CD/ROM

How do I run my CD/Rom

:)

Magee Marymaid, May 9, 2020

2. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, May 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10: CD ROM drive is recognised, but some CD ROMS won't run - any ideas

Hi Matty,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Have you checked the CD in a different computer? What is the status?

• Does this issue specific to any particular CD?

I suggest you to clean the disk and try again. Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, Uninstall and reinstall the device from Device Manager. To do so, follow these steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Find the DVD/CD-ROM drives and expand it. Now, right click on it select
      Uninstall.

• Restart the computer and Windows should reinstall the device.
    Make sure you have the latest Windows Updates installed. Also check for the optional updates which may have the required drivers for the device.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, May 9, 2020
  4. How do I run my CD/ROM

CD-ROM not reading any disks

We appreciate the information that you've provided. Our next step is to consider the following methods below:

• Manually update your DVD/CD-ROM driver. There are cases wherein automatic update doesn't install the compatible driver to your device. To do this, check your device support site and ensure that you've downloaded and installed the appropriate
      driver for your device.
    • Run the hardware troubleshooter to scan and automatically fix any errors preventing your
      DVD/CD-ROM to work properly. Here are the steps on how to run the troubleshooter:
      • Type Troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
      • Select Hardware and Devices.
      • Click Run the troubleshooter.
      • Allow the scan to complete, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the fix.
    • Try another CD/DVD for further isolation. If your device was able recognize other
      CD/DVD then the issue is not hardware related.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, May 9, 2020
Thema:

How do I run my CD/ROM

1. How do I run my CD/ROM - Similar Threads - run ROM

2. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashing when running besides a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  3. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crashing when running besides a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  4. Need help running some early 2000's CD-Roms

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help running some early 2000's CD-Roms: Hey all, I recently found some old CDs of games I used to play with my grandpa. Some of them work, but with some others I run into compability problems. I vaguely remember that I could run CDs in some sort of environment compatible with them on a different Windows a a couple...
  5. How do I run an XP CD Rom on WIndows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I run an XP CD Rom on WIndows 10?: I have some very old eductional CD ROMS that I want to play on my Windows 10 PC. Nothing happens when I try the .exe file. I tried running in compatibility mode, but again nothing happened. The CD ros says it is compatiable with WIndows 95/98/ME/2000/XP Any help...
  6. How I prevent AutoRun.exe being run when plugging in a USB dongle with with Virtual CD-ROM?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How I prevent AutoRun.exe being run when plugging in a USB dongle with with Virtual CD-ROM?: I have already tried various things disable it, namely via the Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies, setting NoDriveTypeAutorun to FF of type 32-bit DWORD) and via the Local Group Policy Editor (Computer > Administrative Templates >...
  7. Driver support for old DVD ROM drive on Dell XPS 410 now running Win10

Driver support for old DVD ROM drive on Dell XPS 410 now running Win10: I've got an old Dell that has been upgraded many times over through the years both hardware and software and it still runs great. Today, i upgraded the PC from WIn 7 to Win10. My device Manager is clean with the exception of my DVD ROM drive - which I rarely use anymore. But...
  8. Driver support for old DVD ROM drive on Dell XPS 410 now running Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Driver support for old DVD ROM drive on Dell XPS 410 now running Win10: I've got an old Dell that has been upgraded many times over through the years both hardware and software and it still runs great. Today, i upgraded the PC from WIn 7 to Win10. My device Manager is clean with the exception of my DVD ROM drive - which I rarely use anymore. But...
  9. HP Desktop running windows 10. CD Rom not recognized

HP Desktop running windows 10. CD Rom not recognized: Hi, I've barely used this desktop and I went to use the CD Rom and it's not working. I then check Devices and Drives and it does not show it. Not sure what to do. When I close it with a CD inside, it makes a sound as if it's going to work and then it just stops. Any...
  10. Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run.

Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run.: On my old computer with Windows 7 I was able to run these discs and got an icon on my screen. I have a new system running Windows 10 and nothing happens when I load either of the discs. Also, on the old system, whenever I plugged my camera into the usb port, an icon for...