Windows 10: How do I run Passport Backup

Discus and support How do I run Passport Backup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I run Passport Backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-passport-backup/39c05d80-3a97-4439-9e06-ea91cfda0b35" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidConrad1, Dec 21, 2018.

1. How do I run Passport Backup

How do I run Passport Backup

:)

DavidConrad1, Dec 21, 2018

2. Passport not seen

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the passport drive driver is outdated. Let’s try the simple steps to resolve the issue and check if t helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist try the below method information provided.

Method 2.

This issue usually occur due to the driver is out dated. I would suggest you to update the Disk driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Disk drives”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update. Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• How do I run Passport Backup [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I run Passport Backup - Similar Threads - run Passport Backup

2. how do i backup to dvd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i backup to dvd: how do i backup to dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-to-dvd/13ea7bcd-4a4e-4f26-9aed-54c1095d4832
  3. how do i backup to dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i backup to dvd: how do i backup to dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-to-dvd/13ea7bcd-4a4e-4f26-9aed-54c1095d4832
  4. how do i backup to dvd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup?: I haven't concentrated on this before. But I have noticed that on Windows startup Microsoft Passport & Passport Container will always start and then after a few minutes later Microsoft Passport will stop! But Microsoft Passport Container will always stop after 7 minutes and...
  6. How do I create a backup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create a backup?: I’m a Mac guy who got my first windows pc for the first time since windows 7. Im about to wipe my drive and install Arch Linux instead but first I wanna back up my stuff. On mac it’s really simply, you plug in any hard drive and open time machine and with one click literally...
  7. Backup not running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup not running: Greetings, How do I get backup to run automatically? When I click Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More options > Back up now, I can get it to run once. I have "Back up my files" set to "Every 10 minutes", but the "Last backup" only shows the last time I ran it...
  8. How do I backup files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I backup files?: I just got a MS Surface, How do I backup files? I was trying to download icloud but having trouble so does MS Surface have a file backup program & how does it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-files/e51d527b-2700-4d26-8275-ede3fd0af5fc"
  9. WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup: My windows 10 computer is recognizing this device for saving/opening files but will not recognize it as a device for backup. I am also unable to open the WD Backup app to run scheduled backups through that; I have used this device and app on this windows 10 computer but it...
  10. Backup Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Will Not Run: Hi Group! I get an error saying there are errors on my destination drive (64gb thumb drive); then when I click on the notice to fix it, it runs the program and says no errors found! Thanks! Mike *Huh 23532

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my passport backup

2. run my passport backup

3. run backup to passport

4. run passport backup windows 10,
  5. passport backup,
  6. run backup to my passport,
  7. how to backup to my passport ultra,
  8. run backup on my passport,
  9. perform backup to passport,
  10. backup,
  11. how do i run a backup,