Windows 10: How do I run the Xbox app and other Xbox applications through a command?

Discus and support How do I run the Xbox app and other Xbox applications through a command? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried to run the Xbox app and other applications through command prompts to no avail. I can open them through their shortcuts on my desktop, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by portable-house, Sep 19, 2021.

1. How do I run the Xbox app and other Xbox applications through a command?

I've tried to run the Xbox app and other applications through command prompts to no avail. I can open them through their shortcuts on my desktop, but attempting to open its .exe file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxApp_48.76.8001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\XboxApp.exe blurts out this error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."This also happened when I tried to open the .exe file for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, and changing my security permissions to full control changed the error message

:)

portable-house, Sep 19, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

App Compatibility for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles

Source: App Compatibility for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles - Windows Developer Blog

See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10...mber-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Xbox App Error code 0x80048504?

Hi Andyy,

If you received this error code 0x80048504, there could be an issue with the Xbox live server, your network connection, or with the account itself. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps

Please click this link. This process will check and resolve common issues with the apps on your PC.

Step 2: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe and then hit Enter. 

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start and type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    • Right-click and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Hit Enter. 
    • Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.  

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 19, 2021
  4. How do I run the Xbox app and other Xbox applications through a command?

XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

How do I run the Xbox app and other Xbox applications through a command?

1. How do I run the Xbox app and other Xbox applications through a command? - Similar Threads - run Xbox app

2. How do I install the xbox app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I install the xbox app?: I have tried installing the xbox app from the web, but the installer keeps on crashing. I then tried downloading it from Microsoft store. It downloaded, but when I tried to open it, I got an error saying "You need another ms-wpc link to open this app". I tried uninstalling...
  3. Why can't I play games through Xbox App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I play games through Xbox App?: For some reason, in both Xbox Insider and Normal Xbox App, it won't let me play most games or install them. For instance, I purchased Minecraft for Windows through Xbox, and it won't even install. It gets to verifying the data and compiling it then pulls an error. With Forza...
  4. How do I reclaim storage space used by a game installed through the Xbox app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reclaim storage space used by a game installed through the Xbox app?: I installed FH5 through the Xbox app and it worked fine for a couple days. However, this morning the game would not start because it said the drive was offline. I tried to Repair the app and it didn't help, so then I Reset the app and now it's missing from the list of...
  5. How do I reclaim storage space used by a game installed through the Xbox app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reclaim storage space used by a game installed through the Xbox app?: I installed FH5 through the Xbox app and it worked fine for a couple days. However, this morning the game would not start because it said the drive was offline. I tried to Repair the app and it didn't help, so then I Reset the app and now it's missing from the list of...
  6. Unable to open game through Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open game through Xbox app: I downloaded the Halo: Master Chief Collection through the Xbox app, but when I tried opening it, it would just open Microsoft Game Services on the Microsoft store. After looking up a solution online, I went into app settings and reset the application, which should just...
  7. XBOX app crashing and games not running

XBOX app crashing and games not running: Hi, After changing my motherboard and cpu and reactivating windows 10 license my xbox games are not starting also xbox app is crashing when i hover on the game icons, i deleted all the xbox applications installed on my pc and games run cfs /scannow and a health scan DISM...
  8. XBox App inputs audio through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox App inputs audio through microphone: Long story short, the XBox app for win10 puts all audio through my microphone causing a feedback loop. Whenever my friends talk on xbox app, it's sent back through my microphone. I don't know why....
  9. How do I delete Xbox?

How do I delete Xbox?: How do I delete Xbox app from Windows 10? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-xbox/d201c0fb-d9c3-403d-8bbe-008d5cdf42f3
  10. Xbox freezes other apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox freezes other apps: I think that Xbox system is guilty in freezing my game when I am playing in non-Xbox apps. Can I shut off Xbox app and other connected apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-freezes-other-apps/87ba3c2e-0a56-491e-85b7-77eb7bb0c9d3