Windows 10: How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ?

Discus and support How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Somehow I managed to download & install Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home 21H2. Are they both on the same download? I need to at least get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ReynoldGoerman1, Nov 28, 2021.

1. How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ?

Somehow I managed to download & install Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home 21H2. Are they both on the same download? I need to at least get rid of the digital license for Win10 Pro so I am able to perform a clean install of Win10 Home. I've tried formatting & low level formatting the replacement hard drive followed by a "clean" install of Windows 10 Home. I still can not get it authorized Windows 10 Pro license is still installed. Anybody else have any better ideas?

:)

ReynoldGoerman1, Nov 28, 2021

2. Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 29, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ?

"Safely removing devices" not working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Are you referring to Safely remove device icon or notification?

If you are referring about icon. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the empty space on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Under Notification area click on Customize.
    • Under Notifications and actions Click Select which icons to appear on taskbar.
    • Turn on Windows Explorer option. By turning this on you will get an icon on the taskbar.

You may also refer the link below suggested by Ruth Buruga on October 10, 2015
    and follow the steps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ce-win10/fcd832fa-d8c6-409d-9f29-ec0845e09ceb

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ?

1. How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ? - Similar Threads - safely remove Pro

2. How do i completely remove Copilot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i completely remove Copilot?: I don't appreciate an AI assistant forced upon me. Please help me remove it. Unless you would prefer I switch back to Apple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-remove-copilot/94f158ab-bc04-48e2-a49f-4cc813fdd5f5
  3. How do i completely remove Copilot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i completely remove Copilot?: I don't appreciate an AI assistant forced upon me. Please help me remove it. Unless you would prefer I switch back to Apple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-remove-copilot/94f158ab-bc04-48e2-a49f-4cc813fdd5f5
  4. How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ?: Somehow I managed to download & install Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home 21H2. Are they both on the same download? I need to at least get rid of the digital license for Win10 Pro so I am able to perform a clean install of Win10 Home. I've tried formatting & low level...
  5. How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I safely remove Windows 10 Pro 21H2 completely ?: Somehow I managed to download & install Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home 21H2. Are they both on the same download? I need to at least get rid of the digital license for Win10 Pro so I am able to perform a clean install of Win10 Home. I've tried formatting & low level...
  6. I can't safely remove a USB drive on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't safely remove a USB drive on Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro, but I can't safely remove all of my USB drives, because I receive the classic error message of something that doesn't let the USB drive removal. At this moment, I have all of the features of Windows 10 Pro enabled, but I noticed that when I...
  7. I can't safely remove a USB drive on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't safely remove a USB drive on Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro, but I can't safely remove all of my USB drives, because I receive the classic error message of something that doesn't let the USB drive removal. At this moment, I have all of the features of Windows 10 Pro enabled, but I noticed that when I...
  8. How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?: Since latest may update every time I open any game it switches from dolby atmos to windows sonic and I have to exit the game and switch again to dolby atmos, it happens only at the first launch of any game. I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting dolby atmos and use DTS but...
  9. How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?: Since latest may update every time I open any game it switches from dolby atmos to windows sonic and I have to exit the game and switch again to dolby atmos, it happens only at the first launch of any game. I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting dolby atmos and use DTS but...
  10. How do I completely Remove MIcrosoft Edge for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I completely Remove MIcrosoft Edge for Windows 10: How do I completely Remove MIcrosoft Edge for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-remove-microsoft-edge-for/70dbc1bc-5eae-43f0-a072-4322366873f0