Windows 10: how do I save a document on the desk top?

Discus and support how do I save a document on the desk top? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computers do not seem to recognize this document to be saved. It appears everything is only being excepted to the cloud.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KATEHAGAN, Sep 6, 2018.

1. KATEHAGAN Win User

how do I save a document on the desk top?

My computers do not seem to recognize this document to be saved.

It appears everything is only being excepted to the cloud.

:)

KATEHAGAN, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Florence Pica Win User

I am having trouble saving a file to my desk top.

I am having trouble saving files to my desk top. Example, I have a spreadsheet ready, file , save as and Desk top is not listed as a choice to save it. My Documents... not there. Where do I go to save the file to my desk top? Desk top is not in my Documents

Florence Pica, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Michael Gall Win User
    Saving to Desk top

Hi Andrew,

For us to properly isolate your concern in saving a document on your desktop, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your Display settings.

We suggest that you try switching your monitor 1 and 2, and check if the issue still persists.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 6, 2018
  4. NATARAJANPALANISAMY Win User

desk top icon

How to bring /set My Documents Icon on desk top?

NATARAJANPALANISAMY, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. how do I save a document on the desk top? - Similar Threads - save document desk

2. Desk top icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desk top icons: Desktop background is present but error message says desktop location not accessible. No icons present. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-icons/740a8ce8-07d4-4d79-83af-53ff469d46e0
  3. How do I get a CD to start on my desk top

How do I get a CD to start on my desk top: How do I get a CD to start on my desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/how-do-i-get-a-cd-to-start-on-my-desk-top/2e23b26b-32b4-47fc-b89f-bc54d5057f86
  4. Desk Top

Desk Top: HI, I'm hoping someone can help me? All my program file icons on the desktop and in the start menu have gone. The programs them self's are still on the pc and working fine as I had pinned some to the task bar and these are still there and the programs open with no issues...
  5. How do I scan a document?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I scan a document?: HP Officejet J4680 gives me an exclamation mark when I try to scan a document. How do I scan the document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-scan-a-document/820cca90-caeb-4942-9086-e2da7980cdf5
  6. Desk top icons

Desk top icons: I have lost my desktop icons. How do I restore them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desk-top-icons/f614568e-9124-4013-be02-88d31ea0c735
  7. Old desk top icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Old desk top icons: I did a complete Windows 10 reset on my desktop pc. It left the old icons still showing on it. When I right-click on the icons to delete them it acts as if it doesn't see the icons and goes to the drop down menu for 'view, sort by, refresh, new, display settings,...
  8. Password changed but not working on desk top

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Password changed but not working on desk top: I changed my password and it was updated successfully but it's still not working when I try to sign in on my lap computer. I just bought a new printer and all I want to do was just headed up and I can't even sign into my computer....
  9. Creating Desk Top

Creating Desk Top: An error window opened when creating the desk top short cut: "windows couldn't create the short cut, check to see whether the disk is full". The disk isn't full. what should I do. Anything wrong with the lap top?...
  10. How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013?: Hello, I want to save the View settings for a certain document to show the two pages side by side. Check out the attached picture. I press View > Multiple Pages to have them sit side to side and save the document. (Notice how the zoom setting in the bottom right corner...