Windows 10: How do I save a local copy of my data from LastPass?

Discus and support How do I save a local copy of my data from LastPass? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Most online password managers are great. I've been using LastPass (with a varying degree of success.) It works fine in most cases when their site loads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ahmd, Nov 17, 2020.

1. ahmd Win User

How do I save a local copy of my data from LastPass?

Most online password managers are great. I've been using LastPass (with a varying degree of success.) It works fine in most cases when their site loads up. But it become a real pain when it does not.

So a while back I started using LastPass pocket app with a local copy of my data. I try to save a copy of my data on my PC every 3 months or so. Just as a backup of my passwords. (It's all encrypted in a file, so it's safe.)

Today though when I tried to load it up I got this error:

How do I save a local copy of my data from LastPass? ll2BGkM.png

So how am I supposed to get a copy of my data from LastPass now so that I can use it locally?

PS. I understand that LastPass has gone down the tubes since acquisition by LogmeIn, so no surprise there. What I'm wondering is if there's some third party app that can do this?

:)

2. LastPass

Installed LastPass for Internet Explorer but, every time I try to sign into LastPass it crashes Internet Explorer. Any suggestions?

SilverBack70, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Yukikaze Win User

Local save game data for Dragon Age?

On Vista 64-bit mine are in:
    C:\Users\<username>\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters

Inside this there are sub directories for each of your characters - Each one has another subdir called saves. I think you'd need to simply copy the Characters subdir as backup and you'd be fine.

Yukikaze, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I save a local copy of my data from LastPass? - Similar Threads - save local copy

2. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I save locally and not with onedrive?: I have uninstalled OneDrive and it still continues to save everything in OneDrive. I deleted a OneDrive file thinking that would help and lost my desktop. unfortunately, I had to permanently delete that so I'm assuming that's gone for good....
  3. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I save locally and not with onedrive?: I have uninstalled OneDrive and it still continues to save everything in OneDrive. I deleted a OneDrive file thinking that would help and lost my desktop. unfortunately, I had to permanently delete that so I'm assuming that's gone for good....
  4. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lastpass.

Lastpass.: I have lastpass installed and use it on chrome the version i have seems to have updated as the vault looks like the one in the video below, i also have it installed for Edge but i haven't used it for ages could this be the reason i am seeing the message below after booting...
  6. LastPass

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LastPass: Good day to all. been using Windows 10 for a while with no complaints. Also been using the Password manager LastPass, Been okay but lately it always ask me to sign what ever I enter in the settings time out 160min then I close down edge and go back within the time the icon...
  7. Save my Data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Save my Data: my windows broke down because of electricity problems and it give me blue dead screen at first the windows was booting right, until the login screen the blue screen appears and restart to recovery. i searched for online solutions and now the windows doesn't even boot :D i...
  8. How do I tell the server not to save email copies?

How do I tell the server not to save email copies?: My business email mailbox gets filled up and I can't receive new emails. My website host just cleared 50 MB out for me and says I need to change the mailbox settings so that the server doesn't save a copy. I can find no place in the settings dialog box that addresses...
  9. LastPass

LastPass: Didn't know where to ask this question.?? I have windows 10 and using Lastpass password manager. Went to add a secure note in the section in lastpass but failed to add the note a box came on screen.. This feature requires an external binary component, which is currently...
  10. Lastpass

in Windows 10 Support
    Lastpass: Has anyone an idea as to when Lastpass will be available for Edge? Many are sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for this to become available within the next 24 hours. Is this a reasonable time to look forward to it becoming available? (please ... if any cannot see...