Windows 10: How do I 'SAVE AS' in display settings to easily switch between home and work monitor...

Discus and support How do I 'SAVE AS' in display settings to easily switch between home and work monitor... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At my office I have a 3 screen setup, at home I have 1 widescreen monitor and a secondary standard resolution monitor. Every time I take my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PetiteGryphon98, Apr 11, 2021.

1. How do I 'SAVE AS' in display settings to easily switch between home and work monitor...

At my office I have a 3 screen setup, at home I have 1 widescreen monitor and a secondary standard resolution monitor. Every time I take my laptop back and forth I have to redo the display settings, it would be very convenient to save those settings to a couple of profiles so I can just select a profile when I login.

:)

PetiteGryphon98, Apr 11, 2021

2. Sudden Triple Monitor Issue - The display settings could not be saved

Okay couple of suggestions here...
    First off I'm gonna start with the basics and tell you to go to amd website and reinstall the drivers. (Remove them first)

Second I would say look and see if the monitor is faulty. Plug it into one of the other ports and obviously see if it works.

Third, I would probably go ahead and replace the card considering you have had It for 3 years. I would suggest an EVGA GTX 750 TI for about 150$

Guakamolly2, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings"

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue with the monitors?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What happens when you try to duplicate the monitors?

I suggest you to try changing the display ports of the monitors and check if the second monitor is getting detected.

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try rolling back the driver.

To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand Display adaptor.
    4. Right click on NVIDIA
      Drivers and select Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Method 2: Change the screen resolution.

1. Go to Settings>System>Display.
    2. Under Resolution, set the resolution as 1024 x 768.
    3. Set the same resolution on the other monitor.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

How do I 'SAVE AS' in display settings to easily switch between home and work monitor...

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

How do I 'SAVE AS' in display settings to easily switch between home and work monitor...

1. How do I 'SAVE AS' in display settings to easily switch between home and work monitor... - Similar Threads - 'SAVE AS' display

2. How to workaround bug switching windows between monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to workaround bug switching windows between monitors?: Moving windows between monitors Special + Shift + L/R arrow does not function correctly.Moved window ends up partially on each monitorResolution in destination monitor is completely offNote: occurs when window starts sized as small as possible - i.e. fits dimensions of both...
  3. Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work: Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to save a little time in the morning depending on where I am working. At home, I have an ultra wide monitor that I hook my work laptop to. Here, I would like to use my monitor as the primary and my laptop as the secondary screen. At work...
  4. Saving monitor/tv display settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saving monitor/tv display settings?: I'm looking to save my display settings for my monitors/tv whenever I switch between them or have a hotkey or program to change between the two settings. When I use my computer I have 2 monitors I dual screen to but when I switch to my TV I'd like to have a quick way to...
  5. How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards: So basicly I have 2 monitors. My main monitor is smaller (27"), but has higher resolution and frame rate. I use it for work and games. My second monitor is actually a tv. It's bigger, but has lower resolution and frame rate. I use it for movies and sometimes co-op games. I...
  6. Display settings not saving with multiple monitors

Display settings not saving with multiple monitors: Hi, I have 3 monitors 1. 144hz 1080p monitor my main display 2. 1080p monitor 3. 4k 55" TV as third monitor Every other time I reboot, my display settings reset. I have the resolution on the first 2 monitors set to 1080p, and the third monitor set to 4k native....
  7. How Do I Switch Between MacOS And Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do I Switch Between MacOS And Windows?: Please Help. I Have Installed Windows 10 On MacOS Using Bootcamp. I Now Want To Revert Back To Mac OS WITHOUT Deleting Windows. Is There Any Way I Can Switch Between The Two? I Read The Apple Article And Got No Help At All. Please Help And Thanks In Advance submitted by...
  8. Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Saving Display Settings For Multiple Monitors: All, Didn't really see a copy for this question in the forums when I searched, but if I missed it my apologies. Okay my issue: I have a Surface Book 2 that I frequently will pair with my monitor through the use of a Microsoft Surface Dock. My issue is that I will go to...
  9. How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?

How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?: How can I switch between win themes easily? Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut? 107161
  10. How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I switch between tablet mode easily?: I know I can use settings, but that is a pain (too many steps). Would there be a one click (or double click) way to change this (toggle it?). Thanks. 11010