Windows 10: How do I save only the edited photos and hide the originals in Windows Photo app once I...

Discus and support How do I save only the edited photos and hide the originals in Windows Photo app once I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While I am only an amateur photographer, I love capturing what I experience, edit the photos to make them better, and save them for printing, sharing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KLGantt, May 9, 2019.

1. KLGantt Win User

How do I save only the edited photos and hide the originals in Windows Photo app once I...

While I am only an amateur photographer, I love capturing what I experience, edit the photos to make them better, and save them for printing, sharing, or etc. HOWEVER, Windows repeatedly saves EVERY photo I take, keeps the original, edited versions, after every import. I have repeatedly deleted my duplicate photos as well as the originals, and they keep returning. Additionally, I remove them from my iPhone and other areas, such as my Camera Roll and DSLR import locations; however, they return once I exit the Photos folder and/or shutdown my HP laptop/notebook. I want the option of hiding the originals or permanently deleting them instead of constantly having them reappear after I spend hours removing them from my Photos Folder. While I have a a terabyte of memory; therefore, it is not a matter of taking up too much memory, but it is more of removing the unwanted annoyance of duplicates/triplicates, etc. Finally, I never receive an error code or have issues importing from any external media: iPhone XS Max, iCloud, SD card, or Nikon D3100 (DSLR). Please help me save my sanity and preserve my patience when managing my photos. TIA...

:)

KLGantt, May 9, 2019

2. cant edit and save over original photo lumia 950

Since last update in October the bug of only having to [save a copy] is back on my Lumia 950.

issues photo viewer press pencil ✏, edit your photo, then if you want to save over original photo*not a copy*.... You usually press the 3... Then press save. This means you can edit crop the original.

since the last update the save is greyed out.... Important bug needing urgent fix.

Id be save to even say replace the default position of [save] on main edit page and hide the [save a copy] under the 3 ....

Majority of time you don't way to save a copy.. Pls fix asap.

Marco Patrizi, May 9, 2019
  3. edit photos-how to keep original quality of edited photo

thanks for answer.

2. I'm using Photo app of windows 10.

3. when I edit pictures and (without pix resizing) the new saved file is smaller. the jpeg compression grows. the question is if I can control jpeg compression used in Photos app.

Michael Frik, May 9, 2019
  4. How do I save only the edited photos and hide the originals in Windows Photo app once I...

Photo App how to revert photos back to original

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would like to inform you that once you edit a picture and select the option Save it will replace the original pic with the edited picture on the same folder where as when you select the option Save a Copy, it will save the edited picture in different
    folder and the original picture will be on the same place where it was before. There is no option to save the edited photos back to original.

I also suggest you to refer the article and check if that helps.

Photos app for Windows help

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information and support, refer to the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/photos

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I save only the edited photos and hide the originals in Windows Photo app once I...

1. How do I save only the edited photos and hide the originals in Windows Photo app once I... - Similar Threads - save edited photos

2. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  3. How do I get the MS Photos app to automatically rename after I edit a photo and use "save...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the MS Photos app to automatically rename after I edit a photo and use "save...: The new MS Photos app does not add the 2 automatically after the name when I "save as copy." I am required to rename the new file manually. Is there a setting to make my edits automatically rename or is the new MS Photos app worthless to handle large numbers of photos?...
  4. How do I get the MS Photos app to automatically rename after I edit a photo and use "save...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the MS Photos app to automatically rename after I edit a photo and use "save...: The new MS Photos app does not add the 2 automatically after the name when I "save as copy." I am required to rename the new file manually. Is there a setting to make my edits automatically rename or is the new MS Photos app worthless to handle large numbers of photos?...
  5. How do I get the MS Photos app to automatically rename after I edit a photo and use "save...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy"

PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy": Before the latest MS update, I used to be able to simply "SAVE" my edits in the PHOTOS app, so that my changes would be overwritten on the original photo when I chose. That option is suddenly no longer available to me grayed out, and after editing a photo, my only choice is...
  7. How are edited photos saved in Windows Love Photo Gallary?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How are edited photos saved in Windows Love Photo Gallary?: How are edited photos saved in Windows Live Photo Gallery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-are-edited-photos-saved-in-windows-love-photo/5976d1c7-ddb8-4ecb-8144-ca9086238084
  8. Saving Edited photos

Saving Edited photos: Sometimes, but not always when I edit a picture and go to save it, the program seems to stop, it spins and spins as if it is trying to save but never accomplishes it. What can I do to fix this? Jamie...
  9. How do I open the Photo App that includes photo editing?

How do I open the Photo App that includes photo editing?: How do I open the Photo App that includes editing? I know how to open Photos, but there is not any editing available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-photo-app-that-includes-photo/a9341ecf-badc-43bc-a314-a22a3ff4e7b3
  10. How do I SAVE / UPLOAD photos

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I SAVE / UPLOAD photos: Hi please excuse my complete ignorance, since downloading my " free windows 10 " I cant see how to download / save any fotos...when I try to a window opens giving my just the option of "windows picture viewer" but that doesnt seem to be installed, just an app for "photos" and...