Windows 10: How do I save the "Delete pictures from my device after import"

Discus and support How do I save the "Delete pictures from my device after import" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Photos App has a "Delete after Import" Dialog Box" prior to importing photos from a camera. Unfortunately if I select the box and import,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DougMacGregor1, Jan 12, 2020.

1. How do I save the "Delete pictures from my device after import"

Windows 10 Photos App has a "Delete after Import" Dialog Box" prior to importing photos from a camera.

Unfortunately if I select the box and import, the next Import will have the box blank again.

There is no way to save that setting apparently.

Can you help me?

Thanks

:)

DougMacGregor1, Jan 12, 2020

2. Importing photos

Hi Susie,

Is the phone not recognized or is it not importing the pictures automatically?

Is Nokia PC suite installed in your PC? Is that not recognizing the phone as well?

I would suggest you to open device manager and check if the device is listed in the device manager. Right click on the start button and click on Device manager. Check if the device is listed there . If it is listed, right click on the entry and click update
    driver. If the device is not listed, check if the device is listed under other categories. I would also suggest you to click on the 'View' menu button and click on "show hidden devices' and check if you find any entries related to your phone. Try these steps
    and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    photos app not showing pictures on sd card

You can also try the following steps below if you have pictures on a camera with an SD card, or saved to a USB drive or external hard drive, the simplest way to get them onto your PC might be to import them.

• Use a USB cable to connect the device where your new pictures are located to the PC.

• Select the Start button, then select Photos.

• Select Import and follow the instructions. The app automatically selects items you haven't imported before, or you can choose what to import.
    If the issue still persists, we suggest that you try to start the computer in safe mode and check if you will also encounter the same issue.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Ma. Lau, Jan 12, 2020
  4. enso Win User

How do I save the "Delete pictures from my device after import"

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

How do I save the "Delete pictures from my device after import"

1. How do I save the "Delete pictures from my device after import" - Similar Threads - save Delete pictures

2. How do I import pictures from my Camera?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I import pictures from my Camera?: Previously, I had the ability to import pictures and save them to my computer but recently when I try all i get is a message in my ‘photos’ app that states “Please update your devices settings to accept media transfers.” I updated my computer but I still have this same...
  3. How do I import pictures from my Camera?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I import pictures from my Camera?: Previously, I had the ability to import pictures and save them to my computer but recently when I try all i get is a message in my ‘photos’ app that states “Please update your devices settings to accept media transfers.” I updated my computer but I still have this same...
  4. How do I import pictures from my Camera?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I make Delete items after import appear when I import photos from my Sony Xperia L1...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make Delete items after import appear when I import photos from my Sony Xperia L1...: Delete items after import does not appear when I Import photos from my Sony Xperia L1 Smartphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-delete-items-after-import-appear/6d186550-5d19-4747-b54c-17ef3d030181
  6. How do I make Delete items after import appear when I import photos from my Sony Xperia L1...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make Delete items after import appear when I import photos from my Sony Xperia L1...: Delete items after import does not appear when I Import photos from my Sony Xperia L1 Smartphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-delete-items-after-import-appear/6d186550-5d19-4747-b54c-17ef3d030181
  7. importing pictures from my i phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures from my i phone: I am having trouble importing pictures from my I-phone. It will begin to do the task then abort it in the middle of it. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-pictures-from-my-i-phone/be8de6d0-29e3-44d3-880a-4859e3665301
  8. Import pictures settings : cannot save "delete after import" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Import pictures settings : cannot save "delete after import" ?: Import pictures settings I cannot save "delete after import" ? for the next use? The box is never saving when I click on it Every time I import pictures I have to constantly click again on "delete after import" Why is it never saving? 148759
  9. Importing Pictures from my Camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing Pictures from my Camera: In my old Windows when I transferred my pictures from my camera it would automatically as me to name the pictures and drop them into a folder for that month. How can I do this on Windows 10?...
  10. how do i save a picture from my email to my computer/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i save a picture from my email to my computer/: how do I save a picture from my emal to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-a-picture-from-my-email-to-my/3a36bebd-37e8-4733-8d7c-cfc794188bc3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Delete pictures from my device after import