Windows 10: How do I save websites to MS Edge folders

Discus and support How do I save websites to MS Edge folders in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've recently had to change my default browser from Firefox to MS Edge. I've imported all my FF folders to Edge, but now am not able to add websites to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

How do I save websites to MS Edge folders

I've recently had to change my default browser from Firefox to MS Edge. I've imported all my FF folders to Edge, but now am not able to add websites to the folders. I have no problem downloading the website to "Favorites" but I can't get the site to go into the proper folder. For example, I have a "Media" folder so I want to put Netflix there, but when I choose "Media" from the dropdown menu and click "Add", everything appears to work, but when I check the folder...no Netflix. I hope someone can help me with this annoying problem. I Googled "How do I save websites, etc.", and was told to enter URL of site and click enter, add to Favorites, etc. I don't know if the mean to copy and paste the URL or what to do. I think the directions were wrong any. Thanks in advance for your support.

:)

Fred22, Apr 27, 2017

2. Why cant I see my saved emails in their folders

My computer crashed and had to get a new one. My old computer had Ms Edge for email and some of my saved emails in their folders show but not all of them. When I go to Hotmail and check there all folders and saved emails are there. How do I get them over
    or why cant I see them in MS edge

***Windows version moved to Apps on Windows 10 by the moderator.***

HeatherParks, Apr 27, 2017
  3. WP_JS Win User
    edge shortcut in taskbar

To add a website shortcut to the MS Edge task bar, first open Edge and enter website's address. Add this site to Favorites using the star icon on top right of screen. Next, open Edge's Hub by clicking on Hub's icon (icon has three horizontal lines and
    is located on top right of screen). Find the site you just saved in favorites and drag it to the very top of the list and drop it into the folder called "Favorites Hub". Your website's shortcut should now appear on the task bar.

WP_JS, Apr 27, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

What you describe is the correct way of adding websites to Favourites and folders. You can also drag and drop bookmark items from Favourites into folders so it would be worth seeing if this works for you.

All I can think is that the folders were imported and may have something odd about them. Try creating a new folder or renaming one and see if it works with this.

philc43, Apr 27, 2017
  5. Fred22 Win User
    I've tried the "drag and drop" thing and that didn't work for me. You're correct, these are folders imported from FF. I'll do as you suggest and see if it works. Thanks.

Fred22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I save websites to MS Edge folders - Similar Threads - save websites Edge

2. MS Edge saved passwords.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge saved passwords.: My saved passwords/email addresses do not appear in a dropdown list when I click the email box.If I then insert one letter it lists only the email addresses starting with that letter including the passwords.Two identical PCs and this has only appeared on one PC a couple of...
  3. Edge will not save files in a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge will not save files in a folder: When I want to save a web site in a new folder, I click on the star and when I click on save in new folder, it creates a new folder but does not open up the folder to place the web site in the folder. I have about 10 folders called new folder. We should be able to click on...
  4. MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors: My problem is I find MS Edge does not always react the same to sites that appear to have website certificate error problems. The following two url's are basically for the same site, due to a change in the name of the government department at some or other stage. Daily...
  5. Saving a website in Favorites folder

in Browsers and Email
    Saving a website in Favorites folder: Some web sites don't let me save it under "Add to favorites". I get the attached warning. How to solve this problem. I have Windows 7. Thank you. 23805
  6. How to save websites in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    How to save websites in Chrome: I've recently been having a lot of issues w/MS Edge and Firefox, in fact Edge became unusable for reasons I won't go in to here. A computer tech friend swears by Chrome, so I downloaded it and clicked on the "Import from Firefox button" and there they were. It seems very...
  7. How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge: I've been having a lot of trouble with Firefox of late and have decided to make MS Edge my default browser. All I need to know is how do I export my Firefox folders to Edge. I'd prefer to make a direct export but if I have to export as HTML then to Firefox I can do that if...
  8. How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?: How to save and view the website in the Favorites inMicrosoft Edge? 21215
  9. MS Edge Problem with website security certificate

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Problem with website security certificate: Just recently Edge has been giving me an error message stating "There is a problem with this site's security certificate" when I try to log onto my work site remotely. I know the site well, have spoken to their IT department and have been assured the certificate is up to...
  10. How to save MS Edge favorites to flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to save MS Edge favorites to flash drive: I recently made Edge my default browser due to multiple problems w/Firefox. I imported all my folders (favorites) from FF to Edge. Someone suggested that I back these folders up to a flash drive. I exported all of my FF folders to a flash drive some time ago which was easy...