Windows 10: How do I save Windows updates to my SD card?

Discus and support How do I save Windows updates to my SD card? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have all settings on my PC set to save to SD card, which is NTSF format, and nearly 30gb free space but none of the updates successfully get stored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by windy, Oct 14, 2017.

1. windy Win User

How do I save Windows updates to my SD card?

I have all settings on my PC set to save to SD card, which is NTSF format, and nearly 30gb free space but none of the updates successfully get stored there. Please help.

:)

windy, Oct 14, 2017
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Oct 14, 2017
  3. install app from SD card to my phone Nokia Lumia 620

I downloaded xap file from windows store and copy the file in my SD card , then I open store in my phone but I can't find SD card, how can I show it ? And if I install apps and games from SD card , do apps and games will save in my SD card ?

RashedJames, Oct 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Why would you wish to attempt that?

dalchina, Oct 14, 2017
  5. windy Win User
    not enough space on hard drive

windy, Oct 14, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 14, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    You could manually download an update to your SD card, then apply it yourself.
    Each update has a thread in the News section with manual download links.

But that would hardly be convenient or reliable.

Bear in mind that an upgrade (to the next major build) creates Windows.old- about as big as Windows- and requires working space, and the upgrade download is well over 3Gb.

dalchina, Oct 14, 2017
  8. windy Win User

I am most interested in security updates. Can I do just manual security updates, and will they be reliable?

windy, Oct 14, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Well, and I don't in the slightest recommend this as it smacks of utter desperation..
    You could set updates to Notify only, click the Action Centre notification, Settings opens and tells you what it is/they are. Then go and get the manual link, download and apply them manually.

Really, you don't want to do that.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I save Windows updates to my SD card? - Similar Threads - save updates card

2. How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?: I need some storage for my pc so I bought an SD Card, I wanted to transfer some files into it, but everytime I tried it just copied the files and put it into the SD Card. I tried searching for an answer, but the same bs kept showing up. I really need an answer please....
  3. How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer some of my files to my SD Card?: I need some storage for my pc so I bought an SD Card, I wanted to transfer some files into it, but everytime I tried it just copied the files and put it into the SD Card. I tried searching for an answer, but the same bs kept showing up. I really need an answer please....
  4. How do I see the removal policy of SD cards?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see the removal policy of SD cards?: On my Windows 10 computer, when I insert an SD card into the internal SD card slot my computer recognizes the SD card differently from a USB flash drive. The first difference is how there is no connection sound when an SD cart is inserted. Another thing that is different is...
  5. how do i clear my micro sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i clear my micro sd card: clearing micro sd card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-micro-sd-card/0d37bdac-db4a-48ea-809a-ca228c9461d9
  6. How do I see the sd card in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I see the sd card in Windows 10?: I've tried everything. I've put the SD card in my PC, and my PC doesn't see him. Then I tried in a Mac, doesn't see him. Then I tried with I card reader and without one in my laptop. Doesn't see him. How can I watch my photos off my canon camera?? submitted by...
  7. how do I update drivers for my SanDisk SD card reader?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I update drivers for my SanDisk SD card reader?: My SanDisk SD Card reader isn't recognized when plugged into my computer. It is an older version of the card reader and I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-drivers-for-my-sandisk-sd-card/a6e13128-b2ce-4743-a1e5-d1ab2f0c5643
  8. How to install latest updates on my SD card.?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install latest updates on my SD card.?: I have an EW-200 model of Windows 10 Home, and I want to download and install the latest update but I don't have enough space on my internal storage. How can I install it on the micro sd card ?...
  9. how do i add space with an sd card?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i add space with an sd card?: how do i add space w/ an sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-space-with-an-sd-card/6f0d919f-ef22-40fe-baf9-9dfb64b40e41"
  10. How to download update to SD card?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download update to SD card?: I haven't enough memory in mini laptop but it has an SD slot. Yesterday I tried the update and an option popped up to use external memory. Now I have inserted the SD card but I can't find the update settings to select the external drive. It isn't popping up the way it did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows updates saved to sd card

2. how to save windows updates to sd card