Windows 10: How do I scan for malware?

Discus and support How do I scan for malware? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have found that my husbands and my email addresses have been found on the dark web and it was suggested to scan my computer first. I don't know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatriciaBroderick1, Sep 1, 2019.

1. How do I scan for malware?

I have found that my husbands and my email addresses have been found on the dark web and it was suggested to scan my computer first. I don't know what to do to scan. Should I also scan my smart phone?

:)

PatriciaBroderick1, Sep 1, 2019
  2. CarolLJ Win User

ROOT SCANS, DIRECTORY SCANS, MALWARE SCANS

Hi Rob,

You don't need to pay for help removing the virus/malware. You can get
    free
    help by specially- trained, malware removal experts on any one of a number of malware support forums.

So if José's suggestion doesn't clear things up, I suggest you post on either one of these forums. They also use special tools to check various locations on a system, along with requesting log files. They'll provide step by step guidance until your system's
    clean.

MalwareBtyes' forums - malware removal help

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

All the best in getting this infection cleaned up.

Edited to add missing link above.

CarolLJ, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Amadeus51 Win User
    Malware removal

Understood, OldMike. I will keep your suggestion in mind. I always appreciate suggestions from those who know more than I do. I think the Malware did do more than one scan, because I had to approve removal of what it found twice. I don't see Windows Defender on the list of programs. I think it was on there before they redid the software. Pluto TV also disappeared.

Amadeus51, Sep 1, 2019
  4. How do I scan for malware?

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

How do I scan for malware?

1. How do I scan for malware? - Similar Threads - scan malware

2. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?: I had a fake malware warning show up on my computer, called the "2V7HGTVB" scam. I didn't fall for it and didn't call the phone number given, but I thought it would be a good idea to scan my computer, which has Windows 10 in S mode.I asked Copilot, and was given several...
  3. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?: I had a fake malware warning show up on my computer, called the "2V7HGTVB" scam. I didn't fall for it and didn't call the phone number given, but I thought it would be a good idea to scan my computer, which has Windows 10 in S mode.I asked Copilot, and was given several...
  4. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Windows 10 Download folder has only 37 files but Malware scan shows 729 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows 10 Download folder has only 37 files but Malware scan shows 729 files: My Windows 10 Download folder has only 37 files as shown in the windows explorer. But when i run Kaspersky antivirus scan shows 729 files. Even windows defender full scan is unable to detect any malware. Kindly help....
  6. My Windows 10 Download folder has only 37 files but Malware scan shows 729 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 Download folder has only 37 files but Malware scan shows 729 files: My Windows 10 Download folder has only 37 files as shown in the windows explorer. But when i run Kaspersky antivirus scan shows 729 files. Even windows defender full scan is unable to detect any malware. Kindly help....
  7. My Windows 10 Download folder has only 37 files but Malware scan shows 729 files

8. My Thinkbook came with Bitlocker enabled. That's great, but it makes scanning for malware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Thinkbook came with Bitlocker enabled. That's great, but it makes scanning for malware...: My Thinkbook came with Bitlocker enabled. That's great, but it makes scanning for malware tedious. How can I store the bitlocker key in MS defender ?This used to work on my Thinkpad w/o having to re-enter the Bitlocker key.TIA....
  9. My Thinkbook came with Bitlocker enabled. That's great, but it makes scanning for malware...

My Thinkbook came with Bitlocker enabled. That's great, but it makes scanning for malware...: My Thinkbook came with Bitlocker enabled. That's great, but it makes scanning for malware tedious. How can I store the bitlocker key in MS defender ?This used to work on my Thinkpad w/o having to re-enter the Bitlocker key.TIA....
  10. Time for a malware scan with Glarysoft Malware Hunter!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Time for a malware scan with Glarysoft Malware Hunter!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UltimateSquidGaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/17ki7es/time_for_a_malware_scan_with_glarysoft_malware/