Windows 10: How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10

Discus and support How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a all in one brother printer. I can print but I cannot scan. How do I scan? Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by prs2pms63, Jul 30, 2019.

1. prs2pms63 Win User

How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10

I have a all in one brother printer. I can print but I cannot scan. How do I scan? Windows 10

:)

prs2pms63, Jul 30, 2019
  2. slim142 Win User

Can't "Scan To" from printer. Please help!

The scenenario is the following:

We have multiple subnets in our network. One of them is the security one which is 10.224.2.xxx

Computer A is connected directly into it. Ethernet cable comes out of the wall and goes into her Intel NIC.

Computer B is also connected directly into it. However, ethernet cable comes out of the wall, goes into a dock and then through the USB cable, gets internet.

Computer C is connected to our wireless security network which is 10.224.4.xxx
    This computer is allowed on the firewall to talk to 10.224.2.xxx

All three computer have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed. The printer is an EPSON Workforce WF-4640. IP is 10.224.2.122 / 255.255.254.0 / 10.224.2.1 gateway / no iPV6 / 192.168.50.18 & .19 are DNS's. Printer has static IP.

I proceeded to install the drivers on all three computers. Here is where the problem comes.

Computer A installs just fine. Finds the printer on the subnet and completes installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer. I can also scan FROM the printer. When I go to "Document Capture Pro", I can see scan to: COMPUTER A on the list.

Computer B also installs just fine. Finds the printer and completes the installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer, but I cannot scan FROM the printer. It just wont list COMPUTER B at all!. I tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into the laptop, but still, the printer will not show computer B in the scan to list.

Computer C the same story, but worse. I cannot finish the installation properly because it will not find the printer. It is obviously on a different subnet, but it will not let me type in the address so I just cancel the printer finder part. I manually go to control panel and adjust the IP parameters. Same thing, I can print and scan from the computer but cannot scan FROM the printer. It will not list Computer C in the list.

I have tripled checked the EPSON Scan software on each PC. Each has the IP parameters set properly. I have spent days installing and reinstalling drivers, but no luck. Printer has updated firmware. I tried disabling Windows firewall, nothing.
    At first I wanted to think it was Webroot, since there is a review on Amazon from a guy that had the same problem, but using Norton. However, how come Computer A works just fine?
    When I though it was the dock, I quickly found out it was not as explained in Computer B when I plugged it directly.

At this point, Im running out of ideas. Im not even sure where else to go.

slim142, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Bonobo79 Win User
    Cannot Scan with HP or Brother Printer

I am running Windows 10. I have both a Brother MVC-9130 CW and HP Envy 4500 wireless printer, and while both print and copy fine, neither can scan. I am getting a "Check Connection" error on the Brother, and the HP cannot find the computer in the scan
    mode.

I have reinstalled the drivers but to no avail. I have tried opening up WIndows Fax and Scan as an administrator, but also to no avail. I've wasted two hours now trying to scan a simple document that I need to get out today, so I hope someone can please
    help.

Bonobo79, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I scan from my all in one brother printer. I can print but not scan; Windows 10 - Similar Threads - scan brother printer

2. I have a Brother printer and used to be able to scan off it but now it won't scan. How do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Brother printer and used to be able to scan off it but now it won't scan. How do...: I have a Brother Printer and used to be able to scan. Now it won't scan. How do I get that function to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-brother-printer-and-used-to-be-able-to/da481c6e-8cc3-4cf8-a498-2543980c234d
  3. I have a Brother printer and used to be able to scan off it but now it won't scan. How do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Brother printer and used to be able to scan off it but now it won't scan. How do...: I have a Brother Printer and used to be able to scan. Now it won't scan. How do I get that function to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-brother-printer-and-used-to-be-able-to/da481c6e-8cc3-4cf8-a498-2543980c234d
  4. since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans.: since updating to window 10 latest version my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans. I have uninstalled then reinstalled still no joy, don,t wont have to purchase a new printer, Any advise....
  5. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  6. Brother MFC-L2750DW Printer scans but does not print anymore

Brother MFC-L2750DW Printer scans but does not print anymore: Hello, I purchased a new Brother printer about 4 months ago and it was working fine over my network at home, also from my android phone however i travel between offices and on the road regularly and i'm back at home and cannot print over my network, however using the...
  7. how do i scan from printer to computer

how do i scan from printer to computer: it wont allow me to scan without giving me error message "try starting scan from computer" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-from-printer-to-computer/b4eb56f7-6c76-47a4-a6de-fa0917b32d2f
  8. My printer and computer are connected and prints fine, but how can I get the scanning...

My printer and computer are connected and prints fine, but how can I get the scanning...: My printer is a 3-way and the Scanner is listed on my computer with the printer. When I try to scan a page, it states the 2 items are not connected and can't work. My computer's name is listed on the printer so I don't see what the problem is....
  9. How do I set up my HP all in one printer to scan to my laptop or scan to e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set up my HP all in one printer to scan to my laptop or scan to e-mail: How do I set up my HP all in one printer to scan to my laptop or scan to e,mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-do-i-set-up-my-hp-all-in-one-printer-to-scan/dbee1034-d571-441b-80fb-5d886136acfe
  10. Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one

Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one: I had an all in one Canon that would print but when I tried to scan it would say scanning but not start. Program would say scanner not detected/turned on etc. Thinking printer was bad I bought a new Brother all in one and same thing. I have uninstalled/reinstalled over and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my all in one printer will not scan

2. how to scan to sindow 10 from brother all in one printer