Windows 10: How do I schedule a regular full scan with Defender

Discus and support How do I schedule a regular full scan with Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a scheduled task which routinely does quick scans. What needs to be added to make one that does a full scan, say weekly?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EdWarne, May 9, 2020.

1. EdWarne Win User

How do I schedule a regular full scan with Defender

I have a scheduled task which routinely does quick scans.
    What needs to be added to make one that does a full scan, say weekly?

:)

EdWarne, May 9, 2020
  2. CSS321125 Win User

Schedule regular scans with Windows Defender in Windows 10

I am new to Windows 10. I was looking to download Microsoft Security Essentials, as that is what I used on my WIndows 7 computer. I was surprised to see that it is WIndows Defender, and actually is already on the system. However, I don't see a way to schedule
    regular scans once a week or whatever.

I did a search and found an article on the Microsoft site

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel and then select New.

• Now choose when you want to scan and how frequently. Select OK to add the trigger.
    However, when I'm at Task Scheduler Library, NO WHERE do I see Microsoft etc.

I'd appreciate any advice.

CSS321125, May 9, 2020
  3. CSS321125 Win User
    Schedule regular scans with Windows Defender in Windows 10

Ok, Thank you, that was helpful.

I found Windows Defender on that list thank to your instructions. However, I am at a dead end again.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender.

• Select the Triggers panel and then select New.

• Now choose when you want to scan and how frequently. Select OK to add the trigger.

I see Windows Defender on the list on the left hand side. However I see no "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" to double click on.

(If I do double click on just "Windows Defender", I see the various tabs, and if I Hit "Triggers" there is no "NEW". So it can't be just plain "Windows Defender". And as I said, I see no "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" unless I'm blind.

I appreciate any further help.

CSS321125, May 9, 2020
  4. How do I schedule a regular full scan with Defender

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 9, 2020
Thema:

How do I schedule a regular full scan with Defender

1. How do I schedule a regular full scan with Defender - Similar Threads - schedule regular full

2. Setting Up Microsoft Defender Full Scan in Task Scheduler

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting Up Microsoft Defender Full Scan in Task Scheduler: I have successfully setup a scheduled task to run a full Microsoft Defender scan Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings. This points at the following path to run the MpCmdRun.exe program: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2009.7-0. There are two folders in...
  3. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  4. how to schedule windows defender scan

how to schedule windows defender scan: How can I schedule a windows defender scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-schedule-windows-defender-scan/1751ff45-23df-4e9e-ba79-2a46a16b7abd
  5. How to schedule Windows defender scan?

How to schedule Windows defender scan?: How to schedule Windows defender scan? It says Search for and open Schedule tasks. Where do I have to search? I found nothing. Do I search in C, windows,...
  6. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  7. scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions

scheduling Windows Defender full scan: problems and questions: I have a new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit laptop that I am configuring. I am coming from a Windows 7 desktop. Much has changed. For its malware defense, I am using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. Scheduling Malwarebytes to scan at a certain time of day is trivial, but...
  8. How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender

How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender: I can't find how to schedule a scan in Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-schedule-a-scan-in-window-defender/3b08d31c-7e16-482a-8443-9dff25f77305
  9. How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Defender not Running Regular Scan

Defender not Running Regular Scan: I updated to Win 10 Home 1607 last Friday Aug 19 from Win7. However Win10 loaded with MSE. I managed to uninstall, then I enabled Defender. I read that Automatic maintenance will schedule regular scans for Defender. Is this correct? This has not happened since last...