Windows 10: How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender

Discus and support How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't find how to schedule a scan in Windows Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gord613, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Gord613 Win User

How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender

I can't find how to schedule a scan in Windows Defender

:)

Gord613, Oct 28, 2018

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

anhnguyen19G&H, Oct 28, 2018
  4. mwidunn Win User

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows
    > Windows Defender.

I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I believe that I deleted the whole task (when I thought I was just deleting its properties and triggers).

Is there any way to get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in the list of tasks?

Thanks!

mwidunn, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender - Similar Threads - schedule scan Window

2. how do I restore windows defender scheduled scan for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I restore windows defender scheduled scan for windows 10?: I unintentionally deleted windows defender scheduled scan from task scheduler library; how can I restore it? I saw a post here with the task import, I am currently running a windows 10 pro build version 21H1 and I really could use an import for the task if that's the easiest...
  3. how do I restore windows defender scheduled scan for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I restore windows defender scheduled scan for windows 10?: I unintentionally deleted windows defender scheduled scan from task scheduler library; how can I restore it? I saw a post here with the task import, I am currently running a windows 10 pro build version 21H1 and I really could use an import for the task if that's the easiest...
  4. how do I restore windows defender scheduled scan for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I schedule a regular full scan with Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I schedule a regular full scan with Defender: I have a scheduled task which routinely does quick scans. What needs to be added to make one that does a full scan, say weekly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-schedule-a-regular-full-scan-with/836399a8-f3dc-4d58-b8b5-fea89258f407
  6. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  7. how to schedule windows defender scan

how to schedule windows defender scan: How can I schedule a windows defender scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-schedule-windows-defender-scan/1751ff45-23df-4e9e-ba79-2a46a16b7abd
  8. How to schedule Windows defender scan?

How to schedule Windows defender scan?: How to schedule Windows defender scan? It says Search for and open Schedule tasks. Where do I have to search? I found nothing. Do I search in C, windows,...
  9. How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...