Windows 10: How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?

Discus and support How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro and have been trying to take a screenshot with it automatically saving - Windows key + PrtSc does not work, which is a method I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by williwy, May 28, 2023.

1. williwy Win User

How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?

I have Windows 10 Pro and have been trying to take a screenshot with it automatically saving - Windows key + PrtSc does not work, which is a method I have always used on my laptop. I don’t like the snipping tool and would prefer to use the method I’ve always had, but if not possible I’m open to alternative optionsThank you for any advice on the topic.

:)

williwy, May 28, 2023

2. Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, May 28, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to save the screenshots taken using Prtscn directly to OneDrive.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Save screenshots to OneDrive automatically
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 28, 2023
  4. How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?

How to be given option to save screenshot

The screenshot (using Win + Shift + S) is saved automatically to the following folder:

Ref: Screenshot a Portion of the Screen [Winkey+Shift+S]

For each screen snip, two image files would be saved. One is the thumbnail/miniature version (whose dimensions are always 364x180) and the other is the original screenshot.

See also:

Hope that info helps.

Update:

The future versions of the Windows 11 Snipping Tool will have a built-in option ("Automatically save screenshots") to save snips to the "Pictures\Screenshots" folder automatically. The feature was introduced in Windows 11 22H2 insider build 25211.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 28, 2023
Thema:

How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?

1. How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving? - Similar Threads - screenshot automatic saving

2. How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?: I have Windows 10 Pro and have been trying to take a screenshot with it automatically saving - Windows key + PrtSc does not work, which is a method I have always used on my laptop. I don’t like the snipping tool and would prefer to use the method I’ve always had, but if not...
  3. How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I screenshot in Windows 10 with automatic saving?: I have Windows 10 Pro and have been trying to take a screenshot with it automatically saving - Windows key + PrtSc does not work, which is a method I have always used on my laptop. I don’t like the snipping tool and would prefer to use the method I’ve always had, but if not...
  4. Windows 11 will not automatically save screenshots without OneDrive. How do I fix this?

Windows 11 will not automatically save screenshots without OneDrive. How do I fix this?: I am running an up-to-date version of Windows 11. When I use the Print Screen key, the capture is not saved to a folder unless I have OneDrive activated. However, I do not want to use OneDrive. With OneDrive disabled, when I use the Print Screen key, the capture is saved to...
  5. Windows 11 will not automatically save screenshots without OneDrive. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not automatically save screenshots without OneDrive. How do I fix this?: I am running an up-to-date version of Windows 11. When I use the Print Screen key, the capture is not saved to a folder unless I have OneDrive activated. However, I do not want to use OneDrive. With OneDrive disabled, when I use the Print Screen key, the capture is saved to...
  6. How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?: Hi everyone, the screenshots are helpful but when we need it to the right folder, its so difficult. so related to that, how to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?Please answer it soon....
  7. How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?

How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?: Hi everyone, the screenshots are helpful but when we need it to the right folder, its so difficult. so related to that, how to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?Please answer it soon....
  8. How do I automatically save my screenshots to a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I automatically save my screenshots to a folder?: Hello, I have assigned my prtscr key to snip screen and I need to save my screenshots automatically to a folder. Currently I have to open the screenshot I made from recent actions/notifications thing and click on save. How do I automate this action? So that I don't have to...
  9. Automatically save snipping screenshots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically save snipping screenshots: Is there a way I could setup a folder where all the images that I snap with Windows+Shift+S automatically get saved? :) submitted by /u/FlocoPops [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fsbz8c/automatically_save_snipping_screenshots/
  10. How do I save screenshots?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I save screenshots?: Split from this thread. how do I save screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-screenshots/e76d539d-b2ce-479c-8faa-d61d7b6d5af2