Windows 10: How do I search for files made on a certain date?

Discus and support How do I search for files made on a certain date? in Cortana to solve the problem; My "Search Windows" box does not allow me to search by date.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by D. GeorgeBrode, Jul 7, 2020.

1. How do I search for files made on a certain date?

My "Search Windows" box does not allow me to search by date.

:)

D. GeorgeBrode, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Frank1000 Win User

Search in certain files

Hi,
    how can i search within the content of only certain files ?

Also, is there a page that contains the list for all Win10 search functions ? I'm looking it up since 30 minutes but can't find anything.

I need to seach the term blabla in all .doc files, how is that syntaxed in the Win-Explorer search. Seems its nothing like it was in previous win8 version.

Thx,
    Frank

Frank1000, Jul 7, 2020
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Search in certain files

Click in the search box and the Search tab will appear, then click on Advanced Options and check File Contents (to enable content searching in non-indexed locations, not really necessary for folders like r Documents but necessary to search in system folders). Next, if want to search inside a specific folder, navigate to the folder and type the search into the search bar. To list all files of one type, if know the extension of the file (examples are exe, txt, jpg, png), just type *.exe in the search bar, replacing exe with the file extension. If want to search the content of multiple files of a certain type (e.g. documents, pictures, notes), can, in the Search tab, click Kind and select the type, e.g. document., then just type the word are searching for in its content into the search bar.

What will do to search for that doc file is click the Search tab, Kind, select Document, then type blablablah into the search box next to the kind:=document
    (of course, navigate to the location it may be in before searching)

4. How do I search for files made on a certain date?

How do I search for a file containing certain words in the name?

What steps do I follow to search for a file on my computer/drive?

Elizabeth Gerber, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

How do I search for files made on a certain date?

1. How do I search for files made on a certain date? - Similar Threads - search files made

2. How do I search files in Windows 10 with a specific date range

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search files in Windows 10 with a specific date range: Since MS decides to just LOCK the original question/complaint, without ACTUALLY REPAIRING THE STUFF THEY BROKE...When will this be fixed back to the reasonable way, which does require memorizing stupid text commands and a PhD to simply find a file of a date or date range?Down...
  3. How do I search files in Windows 10 with a specific date range

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I search files in Windows 10 with a specific date range: Since MS decides to just LOCK the original question/complaint, without ACTUALLY REPAIRING THE STUFF THEY BROKE...When will this be fixed back to the reasonable way, which does require memorizing stupid text commands and a PhD to simply find a file of a date or date range?Down...
  4. How do I search files in Windows 10 with a specific date range

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I search files from a given date in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search files from a given date in Windows 11?: How do I in Windows 11 search files which are changed after a given date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-search-files-from-a-given-date-in-windows/7be71e30-6033-4361-8cdb-838354dea747
  6. How do I search files from a given date in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I search files from a given date in Windows 11?: How do I in Windows 11 search files which are changed after a given date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-search-files-from-a-given-date-in-windows/7be71e30-6033-4361-8cdb-838354dea747
  7. Searching for Files by Date

Searching for Files by Date: With Windows 7, searching by date or a range of "custom dates" was much easier. I am seriously confused why the programmers at Microsoft would remove or hide such a useful tool. I hope that this feature in some capacity will come back. Let me describe how this feature...
  8. How do I search for a file containing certain words in the name?

How do I search for a file containing certain words in the name?: What steps do I follow to search for a file on my computer/drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-search-for-a-file-containing-certain/5f25bdfb-e98b-46e5-9a07-dfdcca8dcc22"
  9. How I search a group of files by their created date?

How I search a group of files by their created date?: I cannot find search's option of "by created date", just only by "modified date". Could I search in advanced mode to choose exactly options by myself?...
  10. Search in certain files

in Windows 10 Support
    Search in certain files: Hi, how can i search within the content of only certain files ? Also, is there a page that contains the list for all Win10 search functions ? I'm looking it up since 30 minutes but can't find anything. I need to seach the term blabla in all .doc files, how is that...