Windows 10: How do I search only 1 or a group of selected folders for files.

Discus and support How do I search only 1 or a group of selected folders for files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to search just a selected few folders for a file or files of type jpg, ico, txt etc. or some*letters*.dat. Maybe I'm making myself clear.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by K ET, Mar 26, 2019.

1. K ET Win User

How do I search only 1 or a group of selected folders for files.

I would like to search just a selected few folders for a file or files of type jpg, ico, txt etc. or some*letters*.dat. Maybe I'm making myself clear. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks;

K E T

:)

2. Windows 10 Quick Access: Folder & File Grouping (QA grouped by type, folder or file) ceased working

Actually, apologies, I spoke too soon, I rebooted (still had same issue which emerged after a Win10 crash this AM for unknown reason) then executed your suggestion (which to be clear for others was the following steps):

• Opened "File Explorer"
    • Went to View
    • Selected Options from toolbar
    • Selected Change Folder and Search Options - this opened Folder Options box
    • Selected View for View tab
    • in Folder Views box clicked on Reset Folder
    And voila, worked. Earlier try not sure why it did not work but after reboot (and with continued Quick Access issue) this worked.

WilliamFellows, Mar 26, 2019
  3. digibucc Win User
    Folders with zip files

just go to the root folder and do a search for all zip files, then select all and extract where you want.

digibucc, Mar 26, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. How do I search only 1 or a group of selected folders for files. - Similar Threads - search group selected

2. How to select only certain files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to select only certain files in a folder?: Hi! I'm having a folder with round about 6000 images in there. Also I'm having a list in a CSV file which includes round about 400 names of those image files. I would like to select these 400 files in the folder to add them to a new folder. If I'm using the searching box in...
  3. How to select only certain files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to select only certain files in a folder?: Hi! I'm having a folder with round about 6000 images in there. Also I'm having a list in a CSV file which includes round about 400 names of those image files. I would like to select these 400 files in the folder to add them to a new folder. If I'm using the searching box in...
  4. When I click a group of files, it selects all the files in this group.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I click a group of files, it selects all the files in this group.: So I found an very, VERY annoying feature on the Windows File Explorer. When I click on any group, it selects all the files in the group. How do I disable this? Thanks!...
  5. When I click a group of files, it selects all the files in this group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click a group of files, it selects all the files in this group.: So I found an very, VERY annoying feature on the Windows File Explorer. When I click on any group, it selects all the files in the group. How do I disable this? Thanks!...
  6. When I click a group of files, it selects all the files in this group.

7. In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?: In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?For example, I want to find a file with the character string "fund", I type "fund" in the search box and I get thousands of documents that have "fund" somewhere in the text of the document....
  8. In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?: In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?For example, I want to find a file with the character string "fund", I type "fund" in the search box and I get thousands of documents that have "fund" somewhere in the text of the document....
  9. In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?

10. How do I fix File Folder Searching

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I fix File Folder Searching: I am using a Dell XPS 15 (9550) with an i7-6700HQ, and 16gb ram. This laptop is used as my main work desktop, so this is my mule. As of last month up until now, something changed and I don't understand what it could have been. My folder searching does NOT work. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search selected folders